Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2017, 06:07 PM

141 posts, read 340,087 times

Advertisements

I started this lottery process years ago, It seems to me the housing connect websitebis not functional 70% of time. Yes it will load page buy then it says cannot load lottery status or something like that wheher you are logged in or not. It systematic, I know page won't work during business hours. If this was a private company that would be unacceptable, for the city that's just Monday thru Friday. Wth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 07:49 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,842,423 times
log out and log in again. it says cant load projects when youre logged in.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:18 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,983 times
It's not you. It takes FOREVER to load. YOu have to let it load for like 5 minutes, then it works. And when I do it it freaks me out cuz I think my submission didn't go through! I think we have people all over the US applying to these now for some reason with the hope of once their log comes up they will just arrive on a bus with their backpack and pitbull (or more likely infant) and claim the homeless spots! trust me on this, the word has spread far and wide through social media about housing connect and our homeless housing policy.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:21 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,983 times
and it SUCKS because let's say 100,000 random people apply? they will still only RANDOMLY select 2000 or so. I think to be a member of housing connect you need to provide a copy of your state ID or something to keep these original applicant numbers low. It ruins our chances in the end of thousands and thousands of people apply and they still just pick those randoms and then work based on log number. OBVIOUSLY if someone is out of state they will be denied, but the original randomly selected numbers have already been chosen. I don't find that fair or just. But the people who design everything for the city, are, for the most part morons.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:35 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,914 times
Isn't address one of the variables looked at in making the initial selection? How else would they know who has CB preference? I get that more and more people are trying to apply to affordable housing but I don't think that you can live in California, apply to affordable housing in New York City and get i in. You would need some kind of NYC address, even if it was the address of a shelter.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:37 AM

532 posts, read 786,999 times
it has been super slow lately
and they have apts that have like 10 to 20 units available run for 3 months
like are you fking serious ?
anything that's less than 200+ units should be running for a month if not 2 weeks at least

Old 01-16-2018, 07:13 AM

15 posts, read 60,372 times
Out if your out of state and living in between friends couches but your job is transferable?

Old 01-16-2018, 09:04 AM

6,682 posts, read 6,027,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlneedsapt View Post
Out if your out of state and living in between friends couches but your job is transferable?
That won't work. You need to provide them with a signed copy of a current lease. (At least that's what happened with me).

Old 01-16-2018, 09:13 AM

954 posts, read 939,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
That won't work. You need to provide them with a signed copy of a current lease. (At least that's what happened with me).
You don’t need to provide them with a lease unless you said you were living in your own rental. If you are in between homes or living in someone’s couch a lease isn’t necessary.

But yeah the site is always down/extremely slow because millions of NYers are on it. It didn’t used to be like this but everybody knows about these things now. When a new lottery starts, it get posted on every NY housing website and housing connect gets hammered.

Luckily, it doesn’t really matter because the process is random and more based on preferences than who get on the website first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: