Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 02:23 PM

68 posts, read 120,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astoldby View Post
I finally received an interview invite from this lottery. Anyone else hear anything?
Nope! I had a lower log # than you but didn't get an interview invite. Did they contact you via email?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 04:51 PM

127 posts, read 216,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownKidInABigCity View Post
Nope! I had a lower log # than you but didn't get an interview invite. Did they contact you via email?
Yes, via email and then I had to call and schedule my interview. Do you have CB preference? I live in the same CB and my log was like 1K something. It would be strange if you had CB pref and a lower log and didn’t get a notification. Are you within the income limits?

Old 06-27-2018, 12:41 PM

68 posts, read 120,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astoldby View Post
Yes, via email and then I had to call and schedule my interview. Do you have CB preference? I live in the same CB and my log was like 1K something. It would be strange if you had CB pref and a lower log and didn’t get a notification. Are you within the income limits?
Any update? How'd the interview go and what is the timeline for this project?

Thanks

Old 06-28-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallTownKidInABigCity View Post
Any update? How'd the interview go and what is the timeline for this project?

Thanks
Nothing much. Had my interview early May. The interview location is like a block away from the building in another complex run by Phipps. The sign-in lady was extremely rude and miserable, but luckily she wasn’t the one processing paperwork.

It was an older lady processing my file and she was very nice and informative. She was super transparent and said originally the building was due to be done by July but then it got pushed to October. She said she has a feeling it won’t make it by then either, she estimates it would be a year before move in.

I submitted all my paperwork, wasn’t missing a thing. She said they would look over things again in the next few weeks and call back if they had questions. That was it and I haven’t heard anything but I’m used to this waiting game. It took 6 months for me to get in my current building.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:21 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,908,073 times
I went past Elton Crossing recently. I believe they’re constructing what will be the hip hop museum now

Old 07-06-2018, 05:50 PM

4 posts, read 5,021 times
I didn’t know about this forum I stumbled upon it, log #1***.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:48 PM

64 posts, read 85,009 times
Any new news? I'm losing hope on this one.

Old 07-12-2018, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT942 View Post
Any new news? I'm losing hope on this one.
Not as of yet. I have CB preference and a low log number and I feel it took a long time for them to call me in. This thread is extremely dead, as if no one has gotten called in, so I feel like their entire interview process is moving very slow.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,234 times
Log 8xx, no CB preference and I have yet to receive an email or letter. I've reached out to them and was told they don't know who is handling the interview process... that was about a month or 2 ago. Considering reaching out to HPD but... idk. i work in the area of the building so it would be very convenient

Old 07-15-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoneses View Post
Log 8xx, no CB preference and I have yet to receive an email or letter. I've reached out to them and was told they don't know who is handling the interview process... that was about a month or 2 ago. Considering reaching out to HPD but... idk. i work in the area of the building so it would be very convenient
That is odd. The property is being managed by Phipps so Phipps is conducting the interview. Are you sure you contacted the right office? Your log number is low for non-CB but I JUST got called for May interview and my log was 1xxx with cb preference. I believe they have to go through all the preference groups 1st before they call non-pref and that’s probably gonna take awhile. I know for a fact they are moving super slow with this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: