Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 02:06 PM

9 posts, read 12,044 times

Advertisements

Has anyone interviewed with Wavecrest Management, start the processing stage and then was told your application was put on hold due to a MASSIVE amount of lower numbers?
I interviewed in December 2018 and the. I was finally contacted for further processing in April 2019. I was practically rushed to get my papers in and a week later I was told processing my application has been stalled.
Has anyone elso going through the same thing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2019, 06:48 AM

42 posts, read 28,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola_begas View Post
Has anyone interviewed with Wavecrest Management, start the processing stage and then was told your application was put on hold due to a MASSIVE amount of lower numbers?
I interviewed in December 2018 and the. I was finally contacted for further processing in April 2019. I was practically rushed to get my papers in and a week later I was told processing my application has been stalled.
Has anyone elso going through the same thing?

I applied back in April 2017 was called for an interview May 2, 2019 submitted some of my paperwork that day in person and then ended up submitting the rest later on that evening via email. Was called about a month ago for I think 130 AMI which was a one bedroom for like $1500 she calculated my paycheck and then told me on the phone that I actually do not qualify and how I would be waitlisted until something came up. I lost hope and kind of mentally gave up on it. Received another call from the same lady earlier this month saying a vacancy came up but instead for a 100 AMI apt which is like $1208 for a one bedroom instead which my income she says fits that criteria. Nonetheless I expressed my interest had to update my paystubs and bank statements all over again since the ones from May were too old. She think had me fill out ANOTHER deposit statement explanation. That’s so tedious and annoying they want you to explain everything on ur bank statement that was a deposit from who and why. Just wanting to make sure you aren’t receiving an additional income other then what was listed prior. I was trying to get in if possible by September first this was a week ago we were doing this process, but she was out the entire week conducting interviews, which I assume it to be HPD, since she already informed me last week the buildings management decided to go along with my application instead of the other person who was looking for another size apartment, that they sent it back saying I have to do it over for look at each deposit throughly. Welp ! Yesterday I completed it and emailed it to her she herself sent It in and forgot to do some things to it as well, like notarize it etc. I dont know. Now I asked her was the approximate waiting time. She said I would have to give them (who is them I dont know I’m assuming is HPD) at least 5 business days. Everyone tells me you got it you got it what you worried about they already said the building management decided to go with you what are you worried about. I know I get how they can get that, but I’m just kinda afraid of the whole credit check. I haven’t had the best history with my credit due to when I last rented out an apt for $1700 it was too much and I fell behind on my cc bills. The management is Wavecrest I dont know how strict they are or are not on credit checks my mind is jus all over the place. I saw some reviews stating they do do credit checks and others saying they don’t and then my friend send me new articles from like a week ago where they supposedly past the law stating you can no longer judge someone with a housing connect low income apartment based upon their credit. I dont know so many worries about that, but I guess I just have to wait for the 5 days to pass to see what’s next. I have yet to see an apt yet either. Just playing the waiting game for now.

Old 08-28-2019, 10:13 AM

3,139 posts, read 2,733,403 times
Credit CANNOT be the sole basis for rejecting an applicant. It's in the marketing handbook.

Old 08-28-2019, 02:15 PM

92 posts, read 90,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP3620 View Post
I applied back in April 2017 was called for an interview May 2, 2019 submitted some of my paperwork that day in person and then ended up submitting the rest later on that evening via email. Was called about a month ago for I think 130 AMI which was a one bedroom for like $1500 she calculated my paycheck and then told me on the phone that I actually do not qualify and how I would be waitlisted until something came up. I lost hope and kind of mentally gave up on it. Received another call from the same lady earlier this month saying a vacancy came up but instead for a 100 AMI apt which is like $1208 for a one bedroom instead which my income she says fits that criteria. Nonetheless I expressed my interest had to update my paystubs and bank statements all over again since the ones from May were too old. She think had me fill out ANOTHER deposit statement explanation. That’s so tedious and annoying they want you to explain everything on ur bank statement that was a deposit from who and why. Just wanting to make sure you aren’t receiving an additional income other then what was listed prior. I was trying to get in if possible by September first this was a week ago we were doing this process, but she was out the entire week conducting interviews, which I assume it to be HPD, since she already informed me last week the buildings management decided to go along with my application instead of the other person who was looking for another size apartment, that they sent it back saying I have to do it over for look at each deposit throughly. Welp ! Yesterday I completed it and emailed it to her she herself sent It in and forgot to do some things to it as well, like notarize it etc. I dont know. Now I asked her was the approximate waiting time. She said I would have to give them (who is them I dont know I’m assuming is HPD) at least 5 business days. Everyone tells me you got it you got it what you worried about they already said the building management decided to go with you what are you worried about. I know I get how they can get that, but I’m just kinda afraid of the whole credit check. I haven’t had the best history with my credit due to when I last rented out an apt for $1700 it was too much and I fell behind on my cc bills. The management is Wavecrest I dont know how strict they are or are not on credit checks my mind is jus all over the place. I saw some reviews stating they do do credit checks and others saying they don’t and then my friend send me new articles from like a week ago where they supposedly past the law stating you can no longer judge someone with a housing connect low income apartment based upon their credit. I dont know so many worries about that, but I guess I just have to wait for the 5 days to pass to see what’s next. I have yet to see an apt yet either. Just playing the waiting game for now.
Who Interviewed You? My Application Is Currently Being Processed As Well I Had A Interview A Few Weeks Ago & I Guess They’re Going Thru My Paperwork. I Do Qualify So I’m Not Worried, I Just Want To Know The Next Step In The Process I’m So Eager To View A Unit & Move Already!

Old 08-29-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomperson2 View Post
Credit CANNOT be the sole basis for rejecting an applicant. It's in the marketing handbook.
You are so right! Because I GOT THE APARTMENT !!! ��‼️ I got the call today, viewed a unit, and signed the lease today !��

Last edited by ADP3620; 08-29-2019 at 06:33 PM..

Old 08-29-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis1893 View Post
Who Interviewed You? My Application Is Currently Being Processed As Well I Had A Interview A Few Weeks Ago & I Guess They’re Going Thru My Paperwork. I Do Qualify So I’m Not Worried, I Just Want To Know The Next Step In The Process I’m So Eager To View A Unit & Move Already!

I dont remember who interviewed me but I know Janine took completely over. I think it depends on ur case worker because I hear HPD takes days to or months to approve people I got approved in two days ��I just got the call today, viewed a unit and signed my lease ! Who interviewed you?

Old 08-29-2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I dont remember who interviewed me but I know Janine took completely over. I think it depends on ur case worker because I hear HPD takes days to or months to approve people I got approved in two days ��I just got the call today, viewed a unit and signed my lease ! Who interviewed you?
Janine Is Who I’ve Been Dealing With Too She Actually Called Me Today To Follow Up On Paperwork She Needed From Me & She Told Me I Qualify. After That Do I Wait For Management & HPD To Approve Me? Since You Went Thru The Process? Congratulations Too Btw What % AMI Did You Get A Apartment In?

Old 08-29-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Janine Is Who I’ve Been Dealing With Too She Actually Called Me Today To Follow Up On Paperwork She Needed From Me & She Told Me I Qualify. After That Do I Wait For Management & HPD To Approve Me? Since You Went Thru The Process? Congratulations Too Btw What % AMI Did You Get A Apartment In?

Send your paperwork in as soon as possible! You may need to be on here a bit but I will admit she does do her job. Just gotta push her a bit. After that she should tell you if the building management accepts you or not and the next step is HPD accepting you. As long as you get your paperwork together asap you should be fast it should be a moving process. I got 100 Ami and a one bedroom hbu? Thank you ��
Yesterday 09:41 PM

Old 08-30-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Send your paperwork in as soon as possible! You may need to be on here a bit but I will admit she does do her job. Just gotta push her a bit. After that she should tell you if the building management accepts you or not and the next step is HPD accepting you. As long as you get your paperwork together asap you should be fast it should be a moving process. I got 100 Ami and a one bedroom hbu? Thank you ��
Yesterday 09:41 PM
Trust Me I Did Soon As We Hung Up I Sent It To Her Lol I’m So Ready To Move From Where I’m At. And I’m Waiting For A 2 Bedroom In The 110-130% AMI. How Is The Building? Did You Like The Apartment Layout?

Old 09-03-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Trust Me I Did Soon As We Hung Up I Sent It To Her Lol I’m So Ready To Move From Where I’m At. And I’m Waiting For A 2 Bedroom In The 110-130% AMI. How Is The Building? Did You Like The Apartment Layout?

You better stalk her !!! I called about everyday I didn’t care she was TIRED of me girl lol Dont care lol. But I loved the layout and the amenities and everything. But everything is not completed.. I took pictures of you want to see them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery