Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 09:24 AM

10 posts, read 13,082 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with both buildings? Have looked at the individual units. 250 Ashland is a nicer building and seems to be in a nicer neighborhood but slightly smaller unit. 33 Bond has a larger unit, a little cheaper, but facing some construction.

Building-wise any issues/concerns with either building? There's a pretty scathing review on yelp for 33 Bond - first one https://www.yelp.com/biz/tf-cornerst...t_by=date_desc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2019, 11:09 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,870,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agman123 View Post
Anyone familiar with both buildings? Have looked at the individual units. 250 Ashland is a nicer building and seems to be in a nicer neighborhood but slightly smaller unit. 33 Bond has a larger unit, a little cheaper, but facing some construction.

Building-wise any issues/concerns with either building? There's a pretty scathing review on yelp for 33 Bond - first one https://www.yelp.com/biz/tf-cornerst...t_by=date_desc
I would love to respond to that yelp reviewer simply for his privilege and generalization.

I can't say anything about 33 Bond but I can speak about the Ashland because I live there. I've seen a few "luxury" buildings in the area and so far I can still say that the Ashland is the best I have seen. I do agree, in terms of neighborhood, it's definitely nicer than the location for 33 Bond.

Cons: My neighbor, no in unit W/D for studios and one bedrooms, It's a pet friendly building and I love dogs but I have to disinfect the washers prior to use , some owners will leave the machine full of their fur babies hair (gross).

Pros: Management is quick to respond to issues. They strongly believe in community so they're always (in the summer anyway) having events for tenants in the building. Location can't be beat in terms of convenience.

I consider my issues to be FWP, but definitely not deal breakers.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:27 AM

3,153 posts, read 2,750,988 times
Oogh I'd love to give that guy a piece of my mind. Sure, dude, tenants are hitting the crack pipe right on the street in front of the building, because that's what crackheads do when they have apartments--smoke up where the cops could come by any second.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:28 AM

12,792 posts, read 8,318,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshabrady View Post
I would love to respond to that yelp reviewer simply for his privilege and generalization.

I can't say anything about 33 Bond but I can speak about the Ashland because I live there. I've seen a few "luxury" buildings in the area and so far I can still say that the Ashland is the best I have seen. I do agree, in terms of neighborhood, it's definitely nicer than the location for 33 Bond.

Cons: My neighbor, no in unit W/D for studios and one bedrooms, It's a pet friendly building and I love dogs but I have to disinfect the washers prior to use , some owners will leave the machine full of their fur babies hair (gross).

Pros: Management is quick to respond to issues. They strongly believe in community so they're always (in the summer anyway) having events for tenants in the building. Location can't be beat in terms of convenience.

I consider my issues to be FWP, but definitely not deal breakers.
I don't know, but I would not want to pay that kind of rent and live with druggies. This is a main reason why I am looking to purchase now. To pay over $3k a month and have junkies hanging out in front of the building and smoking up inside... No thanks... Nothing luxurious about that...

Old 06-10-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
I don't know, but I would not want to pay that kind of rent and live with druggies. This is a main reason why I am looking to purchase now. To pay over $3k a month and have junkies hanging out in front of the building and smoking up inside... No thanks... Nothing luxurious about that...
And I don't disagree but to imply that "lottery" tenants and only "lottery" tenants are the ones doing this is bullsh*t. Oh wait, you can take your opiods in your apt and just stay there.

Old 06-10-2019, 11:50 AM

6,694 posts, read 6,051,821 times
That's actually a very good review on Yelp. I went back and looked at the original 33 Bond advertisement from housing connect, and there are 70 apartments for AMI of 40%! These people are only paying 650 bucks for a one bedroom in a luxury building!

https://wp.zillowstatic.com/naked-ap...1.04.21-AM.png

Old 06-10-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
That's actually a very good review on Yelp. I went back and looked at the original 33 Bond advertisement from housing connect, and there are 70 apartments for AMI of 40%! These people are only paying 650 bucks for a one bedroom in a luxury building!

https://wp.zillowstatic.com/naked-ap...1.04.21-AM.png
I'm not disagreeing, it's the generalization of "lottery tenants" that I have an issue with. Believe me, we have some "quality" people in my building too, as you know, I live next to one

Old 06-10-2019, 12:07 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,318,758 times
Quote:
I'm not disagreeing, it's the generalization of "lottery tenants" that I have an issue with. Believe me, we have some "quality" people in my building too, as you know, I live next to one
Yeah but you understand why though. There are some fantastic lottery tenants that are working professionals. Unfortunately they are overshadowed by junkies and such.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
Yeah but you understand why though. There are some fantastic lottery tenants that are working professionals. Unfortunately they are overshadowed by junkies and such.
Of course I understand. I might have gotten my apartment through a lottery program but there is NOTHING lottery about me and that is why I take offense, he's using it as an insult.

Last edited by Marshabrady; 06-10-2019 at 12:26 PM..

Old 06-10-2019, 12:34 PM

6,694 posts, read 6,051,821 times
Quote:
Of course I understand. I might have gotten my apartment through a lottery program but there is NOTHING lottery about me and that is why I take offense, he's using it as an insult.
This is true. There is nothing lottery about me neither. But I do agree (with everyone here) that there are certain lottery peoples who are just not quality tenants. You can tell some of these quality tenants - even their front doors are always dirty! Plus a lot of these former NYCHA tenants cant' separate their garbage. They do things like throw dirty clothes in the blue recycling bin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery