Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 09:37 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,636,067 times

Advertisements

... maybe I will consider New Jersey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 09:48 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,315,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Not to turn this into a political discussion, however, this combined with the antics of the squad is why Trump will win 2020 in a gorgeous landslide!
I have been saying this to many. And I am a registered democrat. The social justice warrior set rarely turn out to the polls in droves. The Republican base has never been this energized. The moderate democrats are not ok with how theur needs have been neglected for so long but their same representative have been able to lobby so successfully for the undocumented.

Last edited by LOVEROFNYC; 08-21-2019 at 09:58 AM..

Old 08-21-2019, 09:52 AM

1,952 posts, read 1,315,731 times
The city will only become even more unaffordable as the pool of people vying for limited housing resources just went up by a significant number.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:02 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,285,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEROFNYC View Post
I have been saying this to many. And I am a registered democrat. The social justice warrior set rarely turn out to the polls in droves. The Republican base has never been this energized. The moderate democrats are not ok with how theur needs have been neglected for so long but their same representative have been able to lobby so successfully for the undocumented.
That's national politics. We should be more concerned on the local level. Frighteningly the Democrats have a death grip stranglehold on NYC (and now also NYS). One party rule, especially one this radically far Left is only going to kill this great city. We are seeing it already but it will only get worse.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:12 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,620,156 times
I have always felt you won't crack down on illegal immigration until punish the businesses that hire illegals. And Social Security number fraud has to be punished. If an illegal work under a number they obtain illegally they have to face fines and no such work should be credited for SSA purposes. You do that the US becomes less illegal work friendly. Until you dry up the work opportunities they will continue to come. Yet, if they are here doing the work they should not be prevented from living in good housing. Key is dry up the sources of their employment. Also regular folks can't decry illegals but hire them to do house work and handyman work for them and not hire American laborers

Old 08-21-2019, 10:16 AM

46 posts, read 30,929 times
This seems like a hollow gesture to me, designed to pander but achieving little in terms of practical results.

These housing lotteries, from what I understand, require more or less a middle class income. I doubt illegal immigrants are filing tax returns and reporting 75-125K of income.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:32 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,620,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwitting Landlord View Post
This seems like a hollow gesture to me, designed to pander but achieving little in terms of practical results.

These housing lotteries, from what I understand, require more or less a middle class income. I doubt illegal immigrants are filing tax returns and reporting 75-125K of income.
Indeed. Also who would be the people they are talking about relaxing the rules for ? Would it be an undocumented parent with children who are US citizens ? If so I can understand it. I bet this is a great deal over nothing.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:46 AM

3,401 posts, read 3,600,250 times
This is call fair? What a waste of taxpayers money.

Old 08-21-2019, 11:08 AM

1,343 posts, read 2,018,949 times
So the legal immigrants who voted for DeBlasio are now getting screwed over by him as he puts illegal aliens ahead of them. That’s what you get for continuing to vote democrat. Too bad. Lol

Old 08-21-2019, 11:56 AM

8,948 posts, read 4,827,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I have always felt you won't crack down on illegal immigration until punish the businesses that hire illegals. And Social Security number fraud has to be punished. If an illegal work under a number they obtain illegally they have to face fines and no such work should be credited for SSA purposes. You do that the US becomes less illegal work friendly. Until you dry up the work opportunities they will continue to come. Yet, if they are here doing the work they should not be prevented from living in good housing. Key is dry up the sources of their employment. Also regular folks can't decry illegals but hire them to do house work and handyman work for them and not hire American laborers
This. In a nutshell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery