Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2018, 10:07 AM

12 posts, read 20,040 times

Advertisements

Has anyone applied?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 05:50 PM

21 posts, read 29,114 times
Does anyone happen to know if there's a requirement to provide a rental history? I live with my parents, so don't have one. I do have a job and good credit, and am saving to pay for the apartment in full. I wrote a letter to the office, but I hear they are often backed up. I don't want to risk losing this apartment though! I'll move out and rent and put my application on hold if I need to!

Old 09-02-2018, 05:21 AM

128 posts, read 227,551 times
I was never asked to provide a rental history but I wasn't in a rental situation. They do however do a home inspection, credit check and criminal background check. Hope this helps.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:27 AM

430 posts, read 507,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeel77 View Post
The apt is great! It is one of the smallest one bedrooms but plenty of room. It is the "E" line in a single building.We have a downtown view of the Freedom Tower. All new hardwood floors, freshly painted, new fixtures in bathroom and kitchen. HUGE closets. You have to bring your own refrigerator and stove and you have to put down flooring in the kitchen and closets. My advise would be to Be Ready, you have one week to reply to the letter to view apts, if you're offered one, there are documents they require for that first meeting, tax transcripts, a few money orders, bank info etc. Our closing was set for one month after that meeting. They do a credit check, criminal background check and home inspection in the mean time. The closing took about 30 minutes and we were handed the keys. There are specifics as far as move-in and deliveries, Mon- Fri only, 9-5. I don't know what else I can tell you except Good Luck!
i've been wondering, what kind of fridge or stove does one get? i suppose it's all dependent on size. But do you think people at PS have fancy stoves (like with double ovens) and fridges (that are like internet enabled).
Where did you go for the appliances? Home Depot? PC Richards?

Old 09-02-2018, 06:50 PM

21 posts, read 29,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeel77 View Post
I was never asked to provide a rental history but I wasn't in a rental situation. They do however do a home inspection, credit check and criminal background check. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much! I fortunately have good credit, and no criminal history. And home inspection is fine. I did manage to find a "checklist" for Housing Connect where there were more details on rental histories: https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...glish-text.pdf

so at least I know if I start paying rent in a more conventional fashion, 3-12 payments should be good.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new apartment. Congrats!https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/down...glish-text.pdf)

Old 09-07-2018, 06:12 AM

154 posts, read 288,528 times
An update: We weren't offered either of the apartments we viewed when we were fifth in line. They were both on high floors. We just got another letter to view one on a very low floor that said we were 9th in line, so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyway I am trying to freeze myself on the list for a couple of years (kid entering middle school, not the right time to move because I can't time it with being in a good public school before December) but wanted to keep the list updated. We've been looking at 2-bedroom apartments in Penn South for about six months now (and have said yes to all of them but been offered none), so it doesn't always move quickly. Good luck, list folks!

Old 09-07-2018, 06:10 PM

I guess it all depends on what size kitchen you get. Ours is small but others were smaller. we are getting a 24" stove and 36" refrigerator(side by side because hubby likes to stick his head in the freezer, gotta love him). Ordered from PC Richards who we have used many times in the past and were always happy with them. I had to laugh at the meeting when we were told we could put in a dishwasher, really? where? lol

Old 09-07-2018, 06:12 PM

Oh, how frustrating for you. I hope they let you go on hold. Good luck to you.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:44 AM

22 posts, read 29,032 times
Default 222 E. 44th St. Lottery in progress?

Anyone have a log number for 222 E. 44th St., yet? I saw the Tenant Selection in Progress note but I didn't see a log number. That's never happened before so I'm curious (can it be so high it doesn't even register!?)

In any case, best of luck to anyone with a low number; the building looks beautiful.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:55 AM

192 posts, read 187,779 times
I didn't get a log no either, but for those apt I just apply to be in it, but I have no hopes there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery