Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2020, 06:07 PM

64 posts, read 59,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcitydreamerxx View Post
I find it really crazy how long this process is taking. I mean I do understand pandemic and everything. I currently to live in lottery housing (my fingers are crossed for this one because my current one isn’t the best). In my first experience after I submitted my documents it took 1 week to get back to me. There was a follow up for additional needs. But definitely I would say I was moved in 3 weeks after the initial reaching out.

I hope everyone is having a smooth process.

Thoughts?
Yea I completely agree with you. I think they need a better way to manage applications and the entire process in general. There are thousands of applicants and when you work with the city everything is slow. They need to invest in better systems. But I’m curious what year did you apply for your first lottery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2020, 12:48 PM

15 posts, read 11,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahjs View Post
Yea I completely agree with you. I think they need a better way to manage applications and the entire process in general. There are thousands of applicants and when you work with the city everything is slow. They need to invest in better systems. But I’m curious what year did you apply for your first lottery?
It was 2018 I believe the initial lottery closed in the end of 2016 or early 17. It seems to normally take a least a year to hear a first response but I think that this specific one is excessively long. I’m not sure what other people’s experiences were.

Old 10-06-2020, 01:36 PM

Hmm. That may be true. I’ve only gotten up to this stage and usually get rejected. It took weeks though to hear a response. I did appeal once and won but they never replied and when I contacted them a month later all the apartments were gone. So I don’t know how long it usually takes in general but I assumed it took this long for everyone in all building regardless of covid. Anyone has any other experiences?

Old 10-08-2020, 07:50 AM

I forgot to mention that I did get in my current building on an appeal. I also appealed on another building but by the time that went through, same thing, all units were full. So I am currently on a waitlist for that one.

Old 10-08-2020, 08:00 AM

If you are in a building and you want to be in another one and both buildings are under the same management you can just ask management if the other building has vacancies. I think you’ll be on an internal waitlist rather than an external waitlist.

Old 10-08-2020, 05:43 PM

I requested to be put on the waitlist for a building under the same management. But I am also on a waitlist for a different lottery. I’m hoping I hear back from something soon!!!

Old 10-10-2020, 05:22 AM

Hey all,

I’ve been trying to find pictures online and I found this video on YouTube. 909 Atlantic Ave unit 9D. https://youtu.be/Zi3X4_X7qgg

Old 10-10-2020, 05:30 AM

If you go to the channel’s videos and scroll down you will see multiple 909 Atlantic Ave videos

Old 10-10-2020, 05:08 PM

198 posts, read 176,053 times
I’m still hoping I have a chance with this building. My log 12,05*, can any tell me if they’ve been called with a number close to mine. Also I don’t have any preferences.

Old 10-10-2020, 05:48 PM

Wow the building is beautiful. @kee26 my log # is 3** I have no preferences and still haven’t heard anything :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery