Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2020, 03:25 PM

34 posts, read 37,295 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, hope ya'll are staying safe and healthy! Ik there's so much chaos going on due to COVID-19. I just found out that a friend of mine who is in the process of getting an apartment, was unfortunately laid off due to the virus so they are freaking out about what to do next.

Are any of you being impacted by COVID-19 as well while also being processed for an apartment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2020, 03:06 PM

22 posts, read 27,104 times
Curious to know this as well

Old 04-07-2020, 04:31 PM

58 posts, read 56,439 times
I know I was contacted to send paperwork by email instead of an in person interview.

I want to know if you submit your paperwork, then file for unemployment, will you be affected?

Old 04-07-2020, 05:26 PM

23 posts, read 29,373 times
I know some are still working in office, some are working from home. I have read on here that some have seen apartments virtually, but likely all management companies are handling procedures very differently. I can only assume getting unemployment benefits will alter your income for the year as those are taxable... but that is my assumption, I'm not a CPA or anything of the like.

Best of luck to all.

Old 04-10-2020, 03:00 PM

20 posts, read 22,640 times
I did my interview online and was able to send all my documents via email. My documents are now with HPD praying its not delayed to long because of the Pandemic.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:29 PM

215 posts, read 222,775 times
Hi Rosa. I was wondering if they'd be doing interviews online, as you mentioned. I got contacted that my application was being considered for further review and was given a deadline to upload all my documents into the portal by, which I did. I got a follow-up email that my documents were received. Can you tell me what's next? (My log # is, 3xxx.)

Old 04-12-2020, 06:59 PM

207 posts, read 265,006 times
RosaLucas and CityWoker4, what location contacted you guys? You were contacted recently?

Old 04-12-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityWorker4 View Post
Hi Rosa. I was wondering if they'd be doing interviews online, as you mentioned. I got contacted that my application was being considered for further review and was given a deadline to upload all my documents into the portal by, which I did. I got a follow-up email that my documents were received. Can you tell me what's next? (My log # is, 3xxx.)
They reviewed my documents and I got a letter a few days later asking for additional documents, once she reviewed everything they sent over documents for me to sign and then my paper work was sent to HPD. I am now waiting for their response.

Old 04-12-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyLife2 View Post
RosaLucas and CityWoker4, what location contacted you guys? You were contacted recently?
No my appointment was set back in January. They contacted me to change it to a phone interview.

Old 04-13-2020, 08:05 AM

215 posts, read 222,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosaLucas View Post
They reviewed my documents and I got a letter a few days later asking for additional documents, once she reviewed everything they sent over documents for me to sign and then my paper work was sent to HPD. I am now waiting for their response.

Thanks for the info. I sent my docs via the portal a few weeks ago and got a confirmation they received them. No request for anything additional as yet. At what point in the process did you view the apartment, or have you not done so yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery