Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2020, 12:20 PM

173 posts, read 155,823 times

Advertisements

Lottery March 2020 , contacted May 2020, Moving in Aug 2020...
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 02:26 PM

18 posts, read 16,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.i_JJane View Post
Hello everyone!

I was picked for a lottery building back in April/20. I am currently still waiting on hearing if whether or not I've been approved for this apartment and we are now in July... I am growing impatient because I've been reaching and receiving the same response since April. I wanted to know the time frame all of your experiences have moved from the moment of being picked to the date of moving into your homes. I'm also very dissatisfied with my agent because he postponed receiving my documents for over a month due to "computer issues". I eventually gave everything in because I ended up contacting AHG leasing and sending them the emails to where the property manager accidently emailed me instead stating that they needed to take my documents and owe me an apology. My gut is telling me that something else is going on and that I need to push harder in regards to this but I'm also conflicted because I have been harassing them at least once a week. Thank you for reading and responding!
Well I first submitted documents in March for further processing then in June I was notified that they reached my log number and that they wanted to proceed. This was for ResideNY so a different company.

Did your agent specifically say they reached your log number and want to proceed or are you on the first phase where they just had you submit initial documentation?

I say this because they did tell me it would take 2-3 months before I heard anything after I submitted documents the first time.

Old 07-19-2020, 04:53 AM

98 posts, read 117,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4US View Post
Took 3 days. Lol.
Was approved in 24 hrs.
Could have been less if I provided everything in one go lol
Wow! Lol is your timeline from document submission to lease signing or from
Info being sent to hpd to lease signing?

Old 07-19-2020, 05:37 AM

23 posts, read 29,032 times
still waiting... was contacted 14 months ago. since then, wait listed, contacted again for another unit. wait listed. now waiting on another... all with the same two units. little to no communication and maybe 4-5 interviews within the time frame. hopes have been high, have been low... sigh... exhausted is an understatement.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:18 PM

319 posts, read 400,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurseynurse2 View Post
Wow! Lol is your timeline from document submission to lease signing or from
Info being sent to hpd to lease signing?
Well lottery was opened in 2018
It's from documents requested then sent and got approved the next day

Old 07-21-2020, 10:32 AM

33 posts, read 32,625 times
That is a lie!

Old 08-12-2020, 11:15 PM

5 posts, read 10,666 times
I wonder what makes the application time frames vary... it’s such a frustrating process.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:06 AM

86 posts, read 75,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.i_JJane View Post
I wonder what makes the application time frames vary... it’s such a frustrating process.
The pandemic currently is a big factor. Even if the management agency is working at their regular pace other things outside their control operate slower. Then some developments are different sizes with smaller applicant pools based on AMI. Briefly reading the marketing handbook its up to the agency to figure out how large of a batch they work on at a given time. sure they could operate faster but they risk skipping people.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:18 AM

9 posts, read 7,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4US View Post
Took 3 days. Lol.
Was approved in 24 hrs.
Could have been less if I provided everything in one go lol
WOW! That is the dream! How long after the application was closed did they contact you to provide your paperwork to determine eligibility?

Old 04-30-2022, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 582 times
Your agent not telling you to send your paperwork to AHG Leasing is incompetent. But overall, they can process a few applications at one time, however, they will only offer to one person once they have everything, if the city does not approve that person, then they move on to the next. They get approvals from the City one at a time. Anyone with a priority is given priority over potential tenants regardless of log number. The preference shoots you to the top of the list. If the building has not been completed and received a COO then moving in is put on hold.

I have two outstanding applications with AHG, both for luxury apartments - The Westminster and The Strathmore. I've been on both of these lists for around 8 years. I was finally contacted around 3 weeks ago for the Westminster, had to appeal my denial due to being out of the income limits. I won the appeal and they put my name and log number back on the list. Then they sent me a letter saying when they reach my number they will call me in for an interview. Just completed my application for The Strathmore.

Normally, it takes 2 to 6 weeks to be approved by HPD. Then approximately 1 month after that you will sign your lease. I'm not a troll but I don't believe the 3 days approval unless that person had a preference.

You gotta be in it for the long haul. Just hold on to the money so when they call, you will be good to go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery