Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2021, 07:02 AM

6 posts, read 9,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Apple's Seed View Post
Did you intend to write "formerly" rather than "formally"? If so, then yes, I did ask if it mattered that I formerly lived in the community; I was told that what matters is whether or not I currently live there. By the way, the community board address is my parents and younger sibling's address, which is why I still use it as a mailing address; I'm not on the lease there and I didn't want to ask my parents to falsely claim that I live there.

Also, I do not know the highest log number in their applicant pool. However, the agent with whom I was communicating via email explicitly stated that when they begin processing applications for general applicants, they will do so according to log number. I don't know whether or not that's good or bad for me.
My bad, yes...formerly.
It’s unfortunate that they aren’t taking things into consideration. But keep your head up. Hope you have a good outcome. And check in with them from time to time to see how things are moving along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 08:01 AM

45 posts, read 72,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Back Ribs View Post
My bad, yes...formerly.
It’s unfortunate that they aren’t taking things into consideration. But keep your head up. Hope you have a good outcome. And check in with them from time to time to see how things are moving along.
I wonder whether or not they'll ask for those documents again if they do contact me again. Anyhow, I'll wait a month or so before contacting them, because I don't want to seem rude since the agent clearly told me that I have to wait until they begin processing applications for general applicants.

Old 03-05-2021, 08:49 AM

51 posts, read 74,157 times
Any update?

Old 03-06-2021, 08:41 AM

39 posts, read 55,558 times
Do anyone know where they at with log numbers

Old 03-06-2021, 09:42 AM

253 posts, read 217,813 times
They aren’t really going by log numbers it’s more on community board preference if you have it

Old 03-11-2021, 03:05 PM

32 posts, read 42,756 times
I just seen an apartment this week and they’re asking me for more paystubs/statements and tax return info before I sign the lease (I guess to see if I’m still working). I sent them all yesterday via email.

Old 03-11-2021, 07:16 PM

That’s exciting I submitted everything March 5th how long did it take to hear back that everything was good that I’ve been so anxious waiting

Old 03-12-2021, 01:21 PM

For me it took about 3-4 months. I submitted my documents in late November and they contacted me last week that I’ve been accepted and to come view my apartment.

Old 03-12-2021, 01:42 PM

That I had emailed my intake person but I’m guessing I’ll just have to wait since they didn’t reply

Old 03-12-2021, 01:45 PM

Yeah, you can always email once in a while to check the progress of your documents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery