Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2020, 05:03 PM

33 posts, read 32,501 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I haven’t seen anyone post their timelines for NYCHA Staten Island in a few years. I wanted to know if anyone experienced a waitlist for Berry Homes NYCHA on Staten Island for 2 bedrooms. How long has anyone waited? Also can I have some feedback on the berry homes and apartment sizes for two bedrooms. What’s it look like? How big?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 06:52 PM

173 posts, read 155,175 times
I can t speak on size & layout , What I will say is the area is very nice, far from the ferry but you’ll appreciate stepping out your complex & seeing nice homes!

Old 09-05-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoecrazee View Post
I can t speak on size & layout , What I will say is the area is very nice, far from the ferry but you’ll appreciate stepping out your complex & seeing nice homes!
Thank you for responding, I’m from Staten Island and that was the most decent one on the list provided. I see the wait is pretty quick too. I’m just wondering how long I’ll be waiting for a 2 bedroom at Berry now..

Old 09-05-2020, 09:24 PM

173 posts, read 155,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemistic_ View Post
Thank you for responding, I’m from Staten Island and that was the most decent one on the list provided. I see the wait is pretty quick too. I’m just wondering how long I’ll be waiting for a 2 bedroom at Berry now..
Todt Hill is another good development! I live on Staten Island as well but moving back across the Verrazano

Old 09-06-2020, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoecrazee View Post
Todt Hill is another good development! I live on Staten Island as well but moving back across the Verrazano
I didn’t get Todt hill as an option. Also do you know if my waiting list status will change if I become unemployed ? Currently I am a W1 tier 3 income. I was an N1 but my status changed because I am working.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:04 PM

42 posts, read 87,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemistic_ View Post
I didn’t get Todt hill as an option. Also do you know if my waiting list status will change if I become unemployed ? Currently I am a W1 tier 3 income. I was an N1 but my status changed because I am working.

great question...following

Old 09-16-2020, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,468 times
Hi I also wanted to post about my Nycha Staten Island process. Received letter in mail on August 18th for interview on August 25. Was advised to upload documents which I did with no hiccups. Uploaded all documents and was found eligible on Sept 7th. Was sent list of developments on Sept 10th. I picked a development on Sept 11th on Nycha portal. Today I checked and it saids I am waiting to be certified and there’s a hold status. I picked Todt Hill and it seems like this process is going pretty fast. My priority code is N4.

Old 09-19-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetdreams416 View Post
Hi I also wanted to post about my Nycha Staten Island process. Received letter in mail on August 18th for interview on August 25. Was advised to upload documents which I did with no hiccups. Uploaded all documents and was found eligible on Sept 7th. Was sent list of developments on Sept 10th. I picked a development on Sept 11th on Nycha portal. Today I checked and it saids I am waiting to be certified and there’s a hold status. I picked Todt Hill and it seems like this process is going pretty fast. My priority code is N4.
Hi, keep me posted I’m W1 N1 waiting for a 2 bedroom. So let’s see. The housing assistant said it’s random by computer. And as usual there are no vacancies. She said today you could be number 1 tomorrow number 29 and so on. So far there are 29 people on my developments list for a 2 bedroom. I won’t wait years though. I won’t even wait months.

Old 04-03-2021, 11:23 AM

58 posts, read 126,416 times
Did any of you hear back from Nycha ? I’m also on the waiting list at west Brighton I for a 2 bedroom I was certified in dec & I’m an N4

Old 02-08-2022, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 6,768 times
I certified for marines harbor since February 2020 and still. waiting about to be one year certified N4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery