Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2023, 02:13 PM

2,042 posts, read 1,659,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cz View Post
A virtual visit of your current residence.
Part of the Mitchell-Lama process for applicants includes a visit of the current residence. It is not unique to Lindsay Park. It had been an actually visit in-person but due to C19 it was switched to virtual.

In my limited experience, it seemed like this requirement was fairly hardwired. When it was in-person only that some agents found it to be a chore to schedule and travel for but it had to be done. Since the change to virtual it’s easier for most but some applicants are not internet, social media, Zoom users, and such like. It’s possible that emailed photos or a video file might be acceptable, although that could vary from company to company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 06:57 AM

77 posts, read 94,424 times
What is the reason to have a visit of current residence? how do I prepare for such visit? Thanks

Old 05-22-2023, 07:01 AM

10 posts, read 6,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefamily View Post
What is the reason to have a visit of current residence? how do I prepare for such visit? Thanks
You'd have to submit pictures of every room in your current residence and a photo of anyone else moving with you. Don't need to prepare really, as it is to make sure that you are actually living there.

Old 05-22-2023, 04:49 PM

9 posts, read 9,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123cz View Post
You'd have to submit pictures of every room in your current residence and a photo of anyone else moving with you. Don't need to prepare really, as it is to make sure that you are actually living there.
So it's submitting pictures instead of walking around on Zoom or Facetime giving them a live tour?

Old 05-22-2023, 09:16 PM

1,036 posts, read 675,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGLI View Post
So it's submitting pictures instead of walking around on Zoom or Facetime giving them a live tour?
Wait, your log is mid 70s, were you shown an apt already? What do you think about it / the neighborhood? If you were shown an apt, it’s kinda amazing how quickly the list is moving.

Old 05-22-2023, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speediestevie View Post
Wait, your log is mid 70s, were you shown an apt already? What do you think about it / the neighborhood? If you were shown an apt, it’s kinda amazing how quickly the list is moving.
No, I didn't see any apartments yet.

I actually just got a letter last week from them telling me that I'm nearing the top of the list.

Old 05-23-2023, 07:17 AM

10 posts, read 6,516 times
Quote:
Just pictures, no zoom/facetime.

Old 05-24-2023, 12:48 PM

Default LP Details

How many buildings does Lindsay Park have? Are there buildings that are better or worse than others?

How many swimming pools does Lindsay Park have? How many are open and in working order?

How many parking lots does Lindsay Park have? Are they assigned spaces?

ETA: Special thanks to 123cz and WildAboutHarry for answering previous questions!

Old 05-24-2023, 01:23 PM

2,042 posts, read 1,659,222 times
Wikipedia says 2702 units in seven buildings. Sorry I can’t answer the other questions.
Ask them about internal transfer process. Typically, after living in a building for year or two you can ask to transfer to another unit when they are available. There could be others ahead of you who want transfer. Typically, if your household size qualifies you can move to a 2 bed or 3 bed. If you wanted lower fees you could move to a studio.

It might be the units that you get offered are not the most excellent but you have the hope of changing later. Of course, the financials are hard to beat.

Old 05-24-2023, 07:27 PM

1,036 posts, read 675,019 times
Quote:
How many buildings does Lindsay Park have? Are there buildings that are better or worse than others?

How many swimming pools does Lindsay Park have? How many are open and in working order?

How many parking lots does Lindsay Park have? Are they assigned spaces?

ETA: Special thanks to 123cz and WildAboutHarry for answering previous questions!
There are seven buildings that are structurally alike - each 24 flights high. A vast majority of apartments has a terrace. I don’t know which buildings are better, this may be subjective. If anyone has any inside info, I’d love to hear it too.

There are 3 swimming pools, I was told only 2 are in working order. I was told that wait time for parking is approx 2 years, I saw several lots.

One small drawback imo is that long hallways on apartment floors don’t have any windows, it’s sorta like in big hotels. A positive is there are two fairly good supermarkets close by (food bazaar looks impressively large) and several train lines nearby (G,M and even L that I know of).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: