Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 03:36 PM

160 posts, read 119,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefamily View Post
In general it is not too bad. the location is good, only 3 stops away from Manhattan, J/M and G train stations are near by. big living room plus dining area. I like the most is the balcony. oh, and 24 hours security guard. Hopefully you get called to view the apartment soon since you have a very low number. please keep us posted.
Thanks for this information. Sure, Will do that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2022, 04:16 PM

41 posts, read 39,043 times
Any idea how much property tax is for one of these apartments?

Old 01-02-2023, 07:21 PM

9 posts, read 9,130 times
I received a letter from the Lindsay Park Resale Department. It said that I was #75 in the lottery for a 1 bedroom apartment. They sent me an application which basically only asked who will live in the apartment and what their income is.

There was no Information about the cost of the downpayment and the monthly carrying charges.

They want a $75.00 fee submitted with the application. I am a little hesitant to do this because of lack of financial costs information and wondering "when" this number would come up. I wouldn't be interested in paying $75.00 if I had to wait for years.

I am also wondering what happens when that day comes that we make more than the income range for the apartment? Are we grandfathered in? Do we have to move out? Do we pay a surcharge?

Anyway, any advice from you housing lottery veterans would be appreciated!

Old 01-03-2023, 12:42 AM

9 posts, read 9,130 times
Hi! I have something to add and I don't know how to get in and edit posts so ...

I'm number 75 in the new list. I looked on their webpage and it said the last number picked for 1 BRs was 2899 and the last approval was 12/13/2022.

Is there a way I can tell what the ending number is for the last lottery? I'd just like that general Information.

Old 01-04-2023, 09:37 AM

77 posts, read 93,726 times
I suggest that you can give them a call (718)-782-9000

Old 01-04-2023, 10:19 AM

2,011 posts, read 1,631,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGLI View Post
Hi! I have something to add and I don't know how to get in and edit posts so ...

I'm number 75 in the new list. I looked on their webpage and it said the last number picked for 1 BRs was 2899 and the last approval was 12/13/2022.

Is there a way I can tell what the ending number is for the last lottery? I'd just like that general Information.
Your question is good thinking. But, sometimes it’s hard to get simple info from these lotteries. Good luck. Ask them also about how many units are 1 bedrooms in the development. This is useful when trying to forecast turnover.

Also, sometimes it takes awhile for that last number filled list to update so it’s very good news that the last number was just from last month.

Good news, the development is about 2700 units total, studio up to 3 bedroom. I don’t know how many are 1 bed. Perhaps half. Anyhow, more units is more opportunities for vacancies.

Lindsay is the largest Mitchell Lama in Brooklyn, maybe even in the City. Penn South is 2800 units, but it’s has somewhat changed from Mitchell Lama but still affordable regulated.

Good luck and good patience.

Old 01-05-2023, 01:18 PM

160 posts, read 119,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefamily View Post
I suggest that you can give them a call (718)-782-9000

Today, I called this number. The lady did not know anything. She is too noncooperative.

Old 01-05-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi View Post
Today, I called this number. The lady did not know anything. She is too noncooperative.
Don’t let that experience discourage you. Send the application back by the deadline. They seem to have parking and pools.

Here are images of an original brochure or proposal:
https://dlc.library.columbia.edu/nyre/cul:573n5tb441

Old 01-05-2023, 02:18 PM

77 posts, read 93,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi View Post
I hear you. I called them last week to ask a question, the lady was so rude

Old 01-06-2023, 05:01 PM

FYI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindsa...ng_cooperative)

https://www.ctaarchitects.com/lindsay-park
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: