Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2020, 12:53 AM

233 posts, read 290,099 times

Advertisements

Figured I'd start a new thread on this housing lottery, because, why not?

I applied for this lottery on 11/27 and it says my application # is: 631,xxx. I read in another thread (here on city-data) that the application # is different than the log #, so I'm still holding out a little bit of hope that I may get a low one, but do you all think that this development received over 631,000 applications? If so, that seems wild.

Also, any updates on the log number situation on housing connect 2? It's so strange that they appear to be making the process even less transparent than on the old housing connect site. Yikes!

Wishing you all the best of luck with this development!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2020, 07:29 AM

70 posts, read 88,876 times
From what I've heard/seen application # is basically the number of people who have applied on the new housing connect as a whole so on the whole website you are the 631,xxx applicant that sort of thing. i also applied to this development and my application number is in the 100k range lol

It really is hard to tell where you stand unless they contact you which really sucks.

Old 12-07-2020, 09:41 AM

98 posts, read 113,587 times
My application# is 131,XXX, I doubt that 631K people applied when most are still not aware of NEW SITE... hence why they extended it for another 17 days- but it's possible... The lottery ends in 2 days. This is a really nice building hope we get approved FAST lol.

Old 12-07-2020, 12:37 PM

21 posts, read 41,539 times
I applied for this building on 9/25 and my application number is #139,XXX . I wish they would put up log numbers for the new website...

Old 12-07-2020, 03:15 PM

Thank you all for the heads up! It makes wayyyyy more sense that the high application number reflects the amount of people who have applied to the site as a whole. Lol. I was like, “What the hell?!”

Fingers crossed we get called in!

Old 12-07-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booneroxs View Post
I applied for this building on 9/25 and my application number is #139,XXX . I wish they would put up log numbers for the new website...
Same! The lack of transparency is such a bummer. I feel like these marketing agencies/ HPD/ HDC would have to field a lot fewer calls and emails if they just made it transparent where they are in the log. I feel like they do that with Mitchell Lama, right? (I could be wrong, but I think I remember seeing something like that).

Old 12-07-2020, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 8,106 times
I recently applied to this one also and the application number was super high- best of luck to everyone!

Old 12-08-2020, 04:39 PM

8 posts, read 17,959 times
I recently applied to this one as well. This is my first ever application so still pretty unfamiliar with the process. I see that tomorrow is the last day of the application so hopefully, the log numbers will be out soon.

Wishing everyone the best of luck with this building!! I really love Hunter's Point South Park so fingers crossed.

Old 12-08-2020, 07:11 PM

6 posts, read 16,521 times
This is the response I received from HPD:

Are you referring to the new Housing Connect? If so, no, the application number doesn’t mean anything. Your log number is what will determine your chances of getting reached. But unfortunately in the new Housing Connect, we haven’t yet got around to posting log numbers. That feature should be ready in the next month or so. In the meantime, just know that if your log number is reached, you’ll be contacted by the leasing company at the email address you provided.

I believe the application number is the number of applications placed on the entire site.

I really love Gantry Park and hope I get in. Good luck everyone!

Old 12-10-2020, 10:46 AM

134 posts, read 196,202 times
The parking situation looks tough over here though, that's the only drawback for me. Don't want to give up my car
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery