Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2021, 07:15 PM

2 posts, read 948 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding a new building that is still being constructed and I have CB preference. I have questions regarding Its income brackets on the new housing connect 2.0. Those with experience please feel free to answer my question!

There's a new building in which the lottery is still open. The other person living with me income brackets are 29,XXX (they rounded the income to 30k when you click on open lotteries) Someone else's will be the primary income and I personally am a full-time student (btw can someone explain if they add grants to income I know they don't count grants as income but I want to know for sure) Moving on, Since we are two and I don't receive any type of income. (Except for grants) It says we were eligible to apply and which I did. We prefer two bedrooms but the income brackets don't align with 30k. These are the income brackets for two bedrooms for two people $18,XXX - $27,XXX. But for 3 people the income goes perfectly. Here are the income brackets for 2 bedrooms, 3 people $18,XXX - $30,XXX. So will the affect us in any way? Will they be strict because we aren't fully in the income bracket only for the 3 people income bracket we are? It didn't say that warning when I went to apply saying you weren't eligible like it would say if you weren't and it didn't fit your household size and income. Also, we have assets like checking and savings will this affect our income or not. Please enlightenment me. Thanks for the responses in advance.!

Old 01-02-2021, 08:48 PM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
I can’t answer all your questions, but these lotteries are for families, not for roommates. Are you related to the other person?

If you are related or otherwise financially dependent on each other, you will need to fit into the bracket for two people, not three. These lotteries are not flexible that way.

To answer your other questions, google Marketing Handbook HPD and download the PDF. You’ll get 68 pages of explanations.

Old 01-02-2021, 09:02 PM

2 posts, read 948 times
Thanks for replying but yes, we are a family. It's me and my mother. I'm the college student in this scenario. For the income brackets part. Since it's a new building, there will be many units available. Someone else I know also applied to the same building and he actually fit the income bracket as a 1 person applicant but it gave him the apply warning when you don't seem to qualify. So that's why I'm not sure if they are being strict especially since we are in a pandemic. I will be sure to read the Marketing Handbook HPD. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery