U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 02:17 PM

92 posts, read 106,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoire View Post
I applied. I work on 27th, two blocks away from the building, so I'm really hoping I can get a studio or one bedroom there. Would be life-changing! Fingers crossed.
Feel that haha I'm on 25th, we should get CB preference too lol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 11:04 AM

3 posts, read 4,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmusic View Post
Has anyone else beside me applied? Any updates?

https://newyorkyimby.com/2021/02/hou...manhattan.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar1975 View Post
Feel that haha I'm on 25th, we should get CB preference too lol
We should!! All of the other buildings on Housing Connect that I could afford are always so far away from where I work and/or in bad neighborhoods...

I wonder how many people applied and if I actually have a chance... My boyfriend applied to 5 lotteries or so in 2019 and he got 4 positive answers, including for the apartment he is now living in. So I'm hopeful, I know it's not impossible to win the housing lottery at some point... but I will be so disappointed if I don't get a unit in this particular building haha

Old 04-16-2021, 11:45 AM

12 posts, read 13,487 times
Hi all, ive applied to this property amongst others but my questions is - the application # is your lottery/log number right. i am more familiar with the original housing connect. Just curious because if thats the case some of my lottery numbers are ridiculous lol

Old 04-16-2021, 02:07 PM

92 posts, read 106,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2marie View Post
Hi all, ive applied to this property amongst others but my questions is - the application # is your lottery/log number right. i am more familiar with the original housing connect. Just curious because if thats the case some of my lottery numbers are ridiculous lol
No, it isn't lol there is currently no feature on Housing Connect 2 to display Log #'s, the HPD has been claiming they're working on it for months but naturally nothing has changed yet.

It's super frustrating, but as of right now the only way to know you've been reached is if you get contacted to submit documents. It seems to be a crapshoot from there whether or not the application will have the log # listed.

But if it helps, most likely none of your actual log #'s are over a million lol

Old 04-19-2021, 08:23 AM

12 posts, read 13,487 times
Default thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar1975 View Post
No, it isn't lol there is currently no feature on Housing Connect 2 to display Log #'s, the HPD has been claiming they're working on it for months but naturally nothing has changed yet.

It's super frustrating, but as of right now the only way to know you've been reached is if you get contacted to submit documents. It seems to be a crapshoot from there whether or not the application will have the log # listed.

But if it helps, most likely none of your actual log #'s are over a million lol

LOL thank you for your response, i think overall the new site is a good step in the right direction but it is difficult to understand where your applications stands at least with the log number there was some slight indication. well fingers crossed and good luck to everyone applying

Old 04-27-2021, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,027 times
does anyone know when they will start the tenant selection for 225 west 28th?

Old 05-14-2021, 11:36 AM

68 posts, read 102,841 times
any updates

Old 05-14-2021, 03:36 PM

5,405 posts, read 4,363,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoire View Post
I applied. I work on 27th, two blocks away from the building, so I'm really hoping I can get a studio or one bedroom there. Would be life-changing! Fingers crossed.
I used to think like you until I won a lottery apartment across from where I work and it’s been a nightmare. My coworkers get to see me in my shorts, gym clothes, with grocery bags and one day the worst happened... one of the executives saw me buying feminine products and he stopped by to talk to me while I had the embarrassment in my hand. Then to make matters worse, I was recently asked to work permanently from home. So much for the lottery apartment

But i do hope you win - just ignore my rant

Old 05-14-2021, 03:57 PM

109 posts, read 139,859 times
Really have my fingers crossed for this one. I really wish they did log numbers on the new site. I feel like it would help alot of folks gage where they're at. With no numbers EVERYONE is waiting and confused.

Old 06-03-2021, 07:10 AM

51 posts, read 45,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdsimmons View Post
Really have my fingers crossed for this one. I really wish they did log numbers on the new site. I feel like it would help alot of folks gage where they're at. With no numbers EVERYONE is waiting and confused.
Honestly. I feel like this new site is more frustrating and Discouraging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery