Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 01:11 AM

5 posts, read 2,631 times

Advertisements

Hi! First of all, thanks to everyone on this message board for all your information sharing—I’ve been scouring the threads and so much is explained here. I appreciate everyone’s input. Shoutout to community and crowdsourcing information! Now onto my questions:

1. I was recently contacted about the Cascade G. They asked for the regular stuff: ID, SS card, my projected 12 months income as I am a mixed income, self-employed person. They asked for my past years taxes and1099s, and my unemployment history as I’ve been collecting duro the pandemic (more on that below). How good do you think my chances are? My log number is 38xx, but I do have CB preference. My AMI bracket is 60%.

2. I’m generally a mixed income earner (freelance and W2s, depending on the year and the contracts I receive). However, I’ve been on unemployment for the majority of the pandemic, which has been supplemented with freelance 1099 work when it was available to me. According to the marketing handbook, the agent should use my unemployment benefit rate to project my 12 month income from once my docs were requested. I’m concerned, though, because unemployment is set to end this week. I have one payment remaining. I’ve already submitted my docs. Does that mean that, since I was still “on” unemployment when the docs were submitted, they will use the rules as outlined in the handbook and project my annualized salary based on my unemployment benefit amount? If not, any insight as to how they will project? My past year’s taxes would keep me in the bracket, but if they determine that just because my unemployment stops next week that I don’t have verifiable income, I may be screwed. Thoughts here?

3. How do the marketing agents access one’s assets? Can they see all accounts one’s social security number is associated with, for example, or is it dependent on my sharing account details? Just curious about what access agents get if I sign something since I’ve already given them my social security number… I’d like to understand this part of the process more. Any insight or past experiences would be appreciated.

4. I’m also just generally curious about how the interview/selection process has been throughout COVID. I’ve read the handbook, the supplementary guidelines created for the pandemic specifically, and countless posts on here… but still don’t have a clear picture of what the reduced process entails, how unemployment is going to be treated during this pivotal moment when all benefits are set to expire, etc. If anyone’s going through the process currently, could you please share your experience?

Thanks in advance for your replies—can’t wait to learn more about this process and (hopefully) move into affordable housing!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 02:49 AM

145 posts, read 138,147 times
Hey I’m curious on how recently you were contacted. I’ve been contacted without cb presence. I just want to see how fast they are moving. They reached out to me a month after closing. But in my opinion I’m not to sure about ami’s. Basically having cb preference your guaranteed an apartment.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlfrombk11212_ View Post
Hey I’m curious on how recently you were contacted. I’ve been contacted without cb presence. I just want to see how fast they are moving. They reached out to me a month after closing. But in my opinion I’m not to sure about ami’s. Basically having cb preference your guaranteed an apartment.
I was contacted on Sept. 1. When did the lottery close? When were you contacted?

Old 09-07-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by egb230 View Post
I was contacted on Sept. 1. When did the lottery close? When were you contacted?
I was contacted on august 29th

Old 09-07-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
I was contacted on august 29th
And it closed July 29th

Old 09-07-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
And it closed July 29th
Thanks!

Old 09-07-2021, 10:33 AM

47 posts, read 40,281 times
Quote:
Hi! First of all, thanks to everyone on this message board for all your information sharing—I’ve been scouring the threads and so much is explained here. I appreciate everyone’s input. Shoutout to community and crowdsourcing information! Now onto my questions:

1. I was recently contacted about the Cascade G. They asked for the regular stuff: ID, SS card, my projected 12 months income as I am a mixed income, self-employed person. They asked for my past years taxes and1099s, and my unemployment history as I’ve been collecting duro the pandemic (more on that below). How good do you think my chances are? My log number is 38xx, but I do have CB preference. My AMI bracket is 60%.

2. I’m generally a mixed income earner (freelance and W2s, depending on the year and the contracts I receive). However, I’ve been on unemployment for the majority of the pandemic, which has been supplemented with freelance 1099 work when it was available to me. According to the marketing handbook, the agent should use my unemployment benefit rate to project my 12 month income from once my docs were requested. I’m concerned, though, because unemployment is set to end this week. I have one payment remaining. I’ve already submitted my docs. Does that mean that, since I was still “on” unemployment when the docs were submitted, they will use the rules as outlined in the handbook and project my annualized salary based on my unemployment benefit amount? If not, any insight as to how they will project? My past year’s taxes would keep me in the bracket, but if they determine that just because my unemployment stops next week that I don’t have verifiable income, I may be screwed. Thoughts here?

3. How do the marketing agents access one’s assets? Can they see all accounts one’s social security number is associated with, for example, or is it dependent on my sharing account details? Just curious about what access agents get if I sign something since I’ve already given them my social security number… I’d like to understand this part of the process more. Any insight or past experiences would be appreciated.

4. I’m also just generally curious about how the interview/selection process has been throughout COVID. I’ve read the handbook, the supplementary guidelines created for the pandemic specifically, and countless posts on here… but still don’t have a clear picture of what the reduced process entails, how unemployment is going to be treated during this pivotal moment when all benefits are set to expire, etc. If anyone’s going through the process currently, could you please share your experience?

Thanks in advance for your replies—can’t wait to learn more about this process and (hopefully) move into affordable housing!!!!
My log # is in the 38xx too. Haven't heard anything tho. Best of luck

Old 09-07-2021, 02:11 PM

726 posts, read 834,708 times
Quote:
You are not guaranteed an appt just because you have cb

Old 09-07-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
You are not guaranteed an appt just because you have cb
I was saying if he was chosen and meet all the requirements if they have first dibs on the apartments. If 50% of them is reserved for them

Old 09-08-2021, 06:48 PM

Quote:

Google the hdc handbook it details everything you need to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery