Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 02:04 PM

2,081 posts, read 1,696,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyBiscuits View Post
I too am well aware of the vagaries of the USPS, having owned and managed a small business myself for many years. Which is why I must respectfully say that I find it implausible that there is a scenario where the number of people calling to check to see if their tracked mail arrived is larger than the number of people calling to see if their untracked mail arrived.
With respect. And it’s all speculation on my part.

A big question here is, will the application office be responsive to telephone calls at all? Will calls just go into voicemail purgatory. They may just work on a small cohort of applicants that are at the front of the line and ignore others until it seems to them there is a necessity to be in touch.

It’s not as if applicants are paying customers that the application office is in fear of losing to the competition. More applicants mean higher costs, unlike more customers which should mean more revenue and perhaps profit.

Do we have an idea of how many applications are involved? It’s not hard to imagine that tens of thousands and more apply to lottery. The number of applicants asked to submit docs can be very large. In this cold world, many voicemails are never replied to, I wonder if some are even ever listen to.

I don’t think there is a prohibition on sending certified mail or registered mail or similar asking if documents were received. Phoning and saying, ‘I sent my docs in as instructed, and after I sent a certified letter asking for a status update. USPS indicates my certified mail was received. Is there anything you can tell me over the phone?’

(Someone a know get a handwritten short scrawled reply in marker on very same page they sent in, ‘wait list closed’, the paper looked as if it had been crumpled and tossed then retrieved. My friend had written to learn if the wait list was open or not. The building had suddenly been listed online as having an OPEN wait list, but over the phone they said this was an error.)

Good luck to all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2021, 06:26 PM

290 posts, read 279,797 times
I have to say Harry, you hit the nail on the head!

Old 12-31-2021, 12:41 PM

Has anyone heard from this ML yet? Verification letters were due 11/30/21.

Old 12-31-2021, 05:35 PM

2,081 posts, read 1,696,862 times
Default What ML?

Quote:
Originally Posted by village native View Post
Has anyone heard from this ML yet? Verification letters were due 11/30/21.
What ML do you mean? I didn’t see a ML mentioned in the thread. Sorry if I missed it. Happy New Year! It came on time.

Old 01-01-2022, 09:14 AM

The ML is Manhattan Plaza. Happy New Year everyone!

Old 01-11-2022, 07:19 PM

Has anyone been offered an apartment at Manhattan Plaza yet? They requested everyone on the wait list to submit forms verifying contact and financial information in November. I wonder if anyone has been contacted about an apartment since submitting their forms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: