Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2021, 08:26 AM

15 posts, read 11,965 times

Advertisements

Where on the application once a lottery ends can you find your log number?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 08:32 AM

164 posts, read 195,921 times
If log numbers have been posted (can take a month or so after closing), and you applied through Housing Connect, log in and go to My Applications. The log number will show near the top of each project you applied to. This is not to be mistaken for an application number, which can be like seven digits!

Old 11-18-2021, 08:46 AM

22 posts, read 26,890 times
It's a bit glitchy but you have to click into each project like jaaane said and for me, it pops up momentarily and then disappears.

Old 11-18-2021, 09:05 AM

515 posts, read 532,715 times
Go to your dashboard tab then click the view all next to my applications summary. Once it loads you will see all the lotteries you've applied to and your log number will be in each lottery tab without it disappearing or it being glitchy. If you don't see a log number then log numbers have most likely not been posted.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:08 AM

Thank you! Still having issues. It says "lottery application submitted" for a closed lottery from Oct 1, but I don't see any log number. Could they still be processing applications?

Old 11-18-2021, 11:14 AM

164 posts, read 195,921 times
It’s possible. You can search the forum for a thread about that project - most likely others will share if they’ve received log numbers or any other updates!

Old 11-18-2021, 11:29 AM

Great idea! Thank you so much, super helpful advice.

Old 11-18-2021, 03:43 PM

2,145 posts, read 1,760,469 times
Default Log# don’t necessarily appear soon after entry date passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcanner View Post
Thank you! Still having issues. It says "lottery application submitted" for a closed lottery from Oct 1, but I don't see any log number. Could they still be processing applications?
Once a lottery has closed for applications it can be a long time before the log#s come out. I know of no statement that says why this is, nor any commitment to how short the wait should be.

There are some reasons we can guess why log#s don’t come faster. If the lottery has many units it can be a big process to fulfill under the rules. They might be waiting until they have the resources at the ready before releasing log#s. It could be the building is not even finished being built or approved for residents. It could be that the developer or manager is making filling market rate units first and highest priority, profit motive; after all, this is a major way the building is paid for. They might assume that units with regulated rents will be in high demand and not take long to fill when they get around to it.

It’s project by project. So, you might have some log# for some buildings, while another might take awhile getting there.

Unlike Lotto or Powerball and the like there is no expectation of quick results.

Alas, even when log#s come out, and you get a low # you still have to wait to be asked to submit documents and then those have to be approved.

Good luck. I hope it goes fast for you.

Old 11-18-2021, 08:28 PM

16 posts, read 17,692 times
How long does it take them to reach out after log numbers are posted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: