Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 10:31 AM

1,402 posts, read 2,004,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by purpulizard View Post
Rents seem standard for 130 AMI, but the location is unfortunate. The photo of Court Sq station is also misleading, since it's on the other side of the bridge offramp (many many lanes of traffic, generally a miserable road to cross on foot or bike).
Looked to me on Google maps that a good chunk of the building looks on to subway tracks, that is just as bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 10:36 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,789,584 times
I knew this area really well! It's a very busy location but it has a lot of public transportation options, many trains in Queensboro Plaza or Queens Plaza subway stations which both are walking distance, I don't drive so I actually like it. And back in the day I was hoping to grab a unit in one of those upcoming high rise apartment buildings due to an easy access to/from Manhattan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
Looked to me on Google maps that a good chunk of the building looks on to subway tracks, that is just as bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpulizard View Post
Rents seem standard for 130 AMI, but the location is unfortunate. The photo of Court Sq station is also misleading, since it's on the other side of the bridge offramp (many many lanes of traffic, generally a miserable road to cross on foot or bike).

Old 01-18-2022, 08:07 PM

15 posts, read 24,031 times
Agree with location. I am at Queens Plaza every day to take the E train and this is great for getting into Manhattan. You are nearly on top of Queens Plaza E,M & R and very near Queensboro Plaza N/W and 7. The 7 was the only train running on bad snow days. Anybody seeing a CB preference?

Old 01-18-2022, 09:11 PM

I don't see any preferences listed for Sven. Rise LIC has preferences & it said Queens CB 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandebdub View Post
Agree with location. I am at Queens Plaza every day to take the E train and this is great for getting into Manhattan. You are nearly on top of Queens Plaza E,M & R and very near Queensboro Plaza N/W and 7. The 7 was the only train running on bad snow days. Anybody seeing a CB preference?

Old 01-19-2022, 09:08 AM

15 posts, read 24,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I don't see any preferences listed for Sven. Rise LIC has preferences & it said Queens CB 1.
I saw that. I'm "401" in Housing Connect, I think that means CB1. Does it make a huge difference?

Old 01-19-2022, 09:27 AM

If you apply for Rise LIC, you may get a very good chance as it has CB preference & you live within their CB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandebdub View Post
I saw that. I'm "401" in Housing Connect, I think that means CB1. Does it make a huge difference?

Old 01-19-2022, 09:37 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,794,903 times
I lived across the street from this building from 2016 - 2019.

The biggest issue I found was frequently having to walk across 8-10 lanes of congested bridge traffic to use the amenities on the other side of Queens Plaza (grocery store, pharmacy, coffee shop, restaurants, etc).

The N train is also extremely loud as it rounds the curve on the elevated track as it travels between Astoria and Queensboro Plaza.

There were a fair amount of people loitering in the general area most days between the nearby shelter residents and kids from the local high school, but it was never a major issue for me. Maybe that has subsided a bit now.

Otherwise, it's a decent and pretty convenient place to live.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:25 PM

416 posts, read 581,510 times
This is the first building I'm seeing only 130 AMI but 4 different 1 bedroom rent.. they updated it recently. I believe only 1 studio rent was listed on the first day of the posting on HC2

Old 02-03-2022, 10:47 PM

27 posts, read 20,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnt2dh View Post
This is the first building I'm seeing only 130 AMI but 4 different 1 bedroom rent.. they updated it recently. I believe only 1 studio rent was listed on the first day of the posting on HC2
I just checked and you're absolutely right!
All 1 BRs were $2,132, and now that's only for ONE UNIT

1 BRs now go all the way up to $2,772!? How is it possible for them to change this after the lottery goes live??? How is that legal?

You can still find the original rent postings on other websites, otherwise I would've thought I'd gone crazy. This is really upsetting.. there's a BIG difference between $2,132 and 2,772!!!

Old 03-23-2022, 04:39 AM

29 posts, read 35,655 times
I applied to this one, let’s see how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery