Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 10:12 AM

246 posts, read 234,856 times

Advertisements

As I understand, log numbers are randomly assigned and the management starts from the lowest number. This is what I found from Plank Road brochure. I assume this process will apply to other lotteries as well. Since my log # is 25,xxx, I probably won't get a call from them. I'm in 130%, fyi.

After the deadline:
• Once the lottery application process for a particular building is closed it takes approximately 2 weeks for
HPD to generate the log as MHANY will input all paper applications.
• 7. Each application gets assigned a lottery log number. Lottery log numbers are random. No one controls
who has a better or worse number
• 8. It does not matter if you applied first or last, online or on paper—your log number is random. Just make sure to apply before the deadline (the 60 day open lottery period).

After you apply:
• Depending on your log # it may take several months to hear about your application. If
you have a high log #you might never be contacted, even if you qualify. We may not
reach your log #.
• While you’re waiting, carefully check what your current lease says about moving out
before the lease is over. If you’re offered an apartment, you might need to move quickly.
• If you aren’t selected for a particular building lottery, keep searching for other
apartments on Housing Connect and apply when you are ready.
• Always have your documents ready in case you are contacted from a particular building
lottery.
• If your application is selected, you’ll be invited to respond to submit documents. This
interview/document submission is critical and time sensitive! You must submit required
documents to MHANY who will then confirm if you qualify to proceed towards getting
the apartment. Have your documents ready ahead of time to make sure you’re prepared
if you are called.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 11:53 AM

71 posts, read 64,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenoxhill_cat View Post
As I understand, log numbers are randomly assigned and the management starts from the lowest number. This is what I found from Plank Road brochure. I assume this process will apply to other lotteries as well. Since my log # is 25,xxx, I probably won't get a call from them. I'm in 130%, fyi.

After the deadline:
• Once the lottery application process for a particular building is closed it takes approximately 2 weeks for
HPD to generate the log as MHANY will input all paper applications.
• 7. Each application gets assigned a lottery log number. Lottery log numbers are random. No one controls
who has a better or worse number
• 8. It does not matter if you applied first or last, online or on paper—your log number is random. Just make sure to apply before the deadline (the 60 day open lottery period).

After you apply:
• Depending on your log # it may take several months to hear about your application. If
you have a high log #you might never be contacted, even if you qualify. We may not
reach your log #.
• While you’re waiting, carefully check what your current lease says about moving out
before the lease is over. If you’re offered an apartment, you might need to move quickly.
• If you aren’t selected for a particular building lottery, keep searching for other
apartments on Housing Connect and apply when you are ready.
• Always have your documents ready in case you are contacted from a particular building
lottery.
• If your application is selected, you’ll be invited to respond to submit documents. This
interview/document submission is critical and time sensitive! You must submit required
documents to MHANY who will then confirm if you qualify to proceed towards getting
the apartment. Have your documents ready ahead of time to make sure you’re prepared
if you are called.
I don't think any of us are disputing that log numbers are random. What we are questioning is that they seem to be calling people randomly and out of order. For instance at 5Pointz, the leasing company is gave me specific timing updates every time I reached out to them. When I tried to do the same for Rise LIC, the person in the office had NO IDEA when they would reach my number even though my status on Housing Connect is set to "pending". Then you hear about reports of very high log numbers being called while very low log numbers haven't. The person who answered the phone when I called didn't know anything. That's what I have a problem with.

Old 04-29-2022, 12:58 PM

246 posts, read 234,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post
I don't think any of us are disputing that log numbers are random. What we are questioning is that they seem to be calling people randomly and out of order. For instance at 5Pointz, the leasing company is gave me specific timing updates every time I reached out to them. When I tried to do the same for Rise LIC, the person in the office had NO IDEA when they would reach my number even though my status on Housing Connect is set to "pending". Then you hear about reports of very high log numbers being called while very low log numbers haven't. The person who answered the phone when I called didn't know anything. That's what I have a problem with.
Once you applied to the lottery, all your applications are under 'pending'. And it seems to some managements are using 3rd vendor for sorting/contacting (not sure, based on the other threads), so there's a chance that's why they can't give you a specific timing. I've seen some people have high # got contacted and it seemed to either a) they applied years ago and got contacted later b) the management might using 3 rd vendors and they're working on a specific amount of numbers c) housings indicate you may not be called even your applications is eligible

Just don't be too stressed out and wait patiently... It's a marathon.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:50 PM

2 posts, read 2,167 times
Log # 4xx no cb got contacted to submit documents on 4/13 and I did only email I recieved was yesterday 4/28 saying my documents were recieved good luck to everyone

Old 05-01-2022, 12:26 PM

9 posts, read 7,917 times
So weird and confusing. 12xxx CB and cityworker. Haven’t heard a thing.

Old 05-06-2022, 12:07 PM

7 posts, read 6,252 times
Smile Log 2XXX

Got contacted yesterday to submit paperwork, submitted it last night! Fingers crossed!!

Old 05-06-2022, 09:10 PM

15 posts, read 15,133 times
Default Log 26XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstowe22 View Post
Got contacted yesterday to submit paperwork, submitted it last night! Fingers crossed!!
This gives me some hope that they may get to me if there are 80% studios or 1 bedrooms left. Good luck to you!

Old 05-10-2022, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 2,590 times
Log 1x, submitted all paperwork, and haven’t heard a thing since.

Old 05-12-2022, 07:01 AM

8 posts, read 10,988 times
My log is 7XX, I was called for a group showing last night at 730. The market rate residents have just started moving in. There was one showing before mine so there were apartments we were unable to see because they were already spoken for (most being on higher floors). I'm in the 80% ami with CB and ME preferences for a two-bedroom. People in the group were there for studios, 1 bed, and 2 beds (about 12 people total).

The agent said that if we want to move forward with the apartment to message her in order of preference and to keep in mind we might not get our top choice because someone with a lower log number may be eligible first. They mostly showed apartments on the 4th and 5th Floors. She also expects the apartments shown to be spoken for within the next month but I know that's only dependent on everyone actually having correct paperwork and getting it in on time.

Last edited by michelle98310; 05-12-2022 at 07:32 AM..

Old 05-12-2022, 06:22 PM

124 posts, read 112,773 times
Reside just have all the hot properties it seems and my log number (19694) is super high with V/H. I actually have a lower log number for Sven, which is odd to me but oh well! lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery