Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 02:39 PM

7,907 posts, read 7,937,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah5555 View Post
Yay. Thanks for confirming. It looked good to me, too. Just applied. Long shot, but nothing ventured, etc.
good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2022, 02:48 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,567,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
good luck
Thanks.

Old 03-15-2022, 12:14 PM

137 posts, read 148,683 times
can anyone give me more info, I saw on the map this building directly across from a women's shelter that I see has alot of issues. Can anyone confirm this shelter is still open there?

Old 03-15-2022, 03:42 PM

505 posts, read 470,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomChaser View Post
can anyone give me more info, I saw on the map this building directly across from a women's shelter that I see has alot of issues. Can anyone confirm this shelter is still open there?
Yes! It’s two shelters on the same BLOCK of the apts! This is not a safe area!!!! I applied I live down the block from Queensbridge women have been getting robbed everyday around there and the train station is the train station is where the lady got hit in the head with the hammer at queens plaza! I don’t know if I wanna reject myself from the application yet since I have CB Preferences but it’s not safe over there at night just for anyone wondering

Old 03-15-2022, 03:52 PM

https://nypost.com/2018/07/12/woman-...s-shelter/amp/

Old 03-15-2022, 03:55 PM

It’s SAD that the cheapest apt in there is close to 1500$ Those two shelters got even worse when the pandemic started it was one night a lady in my building had to run from those blocks from getting off the N train station at Dutch kills because this man was trying to mess with her! Like I said before ANYBODY thinks about moving over here BEWARE!!!! And it’s the only housing building around! It’s on a weird block I can’t really explain how it’s set up that much but it’s not a safe area sadly

Old 03-15-2022, 03:58 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,705,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99Mills9 View Post
Yes! It’s two shelters on the same BLOCK of the apts! This is not a safe area!!!! I applied I live down the block from Queensbridge women have been getting robbed everyday around there and the train station is the train station is where the lady got hit in the head with the hammer at queens plaza! I don’t know if I wanna reject myself from the application yet since I have CB Preferences but it’s not safe over there at night just for anyone wondering
Perhaps wait and see if you get called to view a unit and ask the building about security issues. It could be that the new building might improve the area’s safety. It will be that many more residents there to pressure the City and the retired police captain Mayor about area safety. Maybe they would let you sign a one year lease. If you don’t like then it move out.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:03 PM

21 posts, read 13,713 times
9XX just got contacted to submit documents. Feeling nervous because I just got a promotion but I’m still within range. I just hate how they comb through your checking account. I spend A LOT on frivolous things but I always pay my bills on time. Never late. We will see.

Old 03-15-2022, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeveecee View Post
9XX just got contacted to submit documents. Feeling nervous because I just got a promotion but I’m still within range. I just hate how they comb through your checking account. I spend A LOT on frivolous things but I always pay my bills on time. Never late. We will see.
You just got called for what apartment

Old 03-15-2022, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Perhaps wait and see if you get called to view a unit and ask the building about security issues. It could be that the new building might improve the area’s safety. It will be that many more residents there to pressure the City and the retired police captain Mayor about area safety. Maybe they would let you sign a one year lease. If you don’t like then it move out.
Yes that’s what I think I’m going to do the building is done BTW too so the log numbers should come out by mid April!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery