Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2022, 08:34 AM

644 posts, read 733,654 times

Advertisements

Mhm that's odd. I know CB hasn't been filled completely yet. In the email I got said that I was being considered for CB. I'm part of 125/130% though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 09:28 AM

15 posts, read 16,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen12 View Post
They said it’s only one bedrooms left? For what AMI?
*CORRECTION* this was a classic "game of telephone" miscommunication.

I went back and read all the pages.

-Someone asked if there still are any one bedrooms?

-Valval responded saying "Hey! I did as well. I’m #13XX with CB and was told there are one beds left."

-Queen naturally understood this reply as ..."was told there are -JUST- one beds left." which tbh I interpreted it that way at first until I deep dived.

We don't know the status of remaining 2 bedrooms/studios at the moment. the last I read was that there are about 17 one bedrooms remaining in 80% to my understanding.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:49 AM

155 posts, read 169,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
Were you able to move in? How was the experience!
I'm so late ! I apologize. The moving process was great! The concierge staff are really helpful in regards to moving in. Everything is amazing by far! You have concierge 24/7 in the lobby so you're greeted every day, they hold your packages until you get in (which i had a sticky finger problem in my last housing connect apt) so it feels good to know that your packages are safe at all times. We just had the pool opened last weekend and everyone came , met a couple of residents. Gym access and Each month they provide different community activities for the residents and residents guest (im going to try the yoga class this week LOL). It's really a great place! Its just the 10-15 min walk to the train is so annoying in the morning (LOL) but I know in the winter its going to be tough especially since you have to walk if you depend on transportation.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:06 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
Congrats on your new home! I can see you are enjoying it!

May I know whether the residents pay amenities fee to use the facilities such as gym, swimming pool, etc? If so, how much per-month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
I'm so late ! I apologize. The moving process was great! The concierge staff are really helpful in regards to moving in. Everything is amazing by far! You have concierge 24/7 in the lobby so you're greeted every day, they hold your packages until you get in (which i had a sticky finger problem in my last housing connect apt) so it feels good to know that your packages are safe at all times. We just had the pool opened last weekend and everyone came , met a couple of residents. Gym access and Each month they provide different community activities for the residents and residents guest (im going to try the yoga class this week LOL). It's really a great place! Its just the 10-15 min walk to the train is so annoying in the morning (LOL) but I know in the winter its going to be tough especially since you have to walk if you depend on transportation.

Old 08-17-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashanti720 View Post
Wow that sounds so lovely!! I'm glad you're loving it!
Honestly I don't mind the walks cause it helps me get to my 10k daily goal lol but yeah it can be rough in the winter

Old 08-20-2022, 08:33 AM

https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/08/35-...-brooklyn.html

This is right next to One bells slip. The affordable apartments at OBS face that building.

Old 08-20-2022, 09:51 AM

170 posts, read 168,025 times
I have non CB log number 10XX this is such a slow process I think I’ll back out of this one

Old 08-20-2022, 11:50 AM

268 posts, read 304,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
https://newyorkyimby.com/2022/08/35-...-brooklyn.html

This is right next to One bells slip. The affordable apartments at OBS face that building.
Wonder what the AMI’s will be for this one

Old 08-20-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenjen23 View Post
Wonder what the AMI’s will be for this one
Another article mentions that the units will be for everyone from formerly homeless to 110% AMI. So am assuming it will be a big range from 30ish to 110

Old 08-21-2022, 06:18 AM

51 posts, read 38,775 times
I have two children, we are staying with friends and family since Dec of 2020. I’ve been looking all this time, we even got several vouchers because of we fled DV. No landlord outside of housing connect is willing to rent to us unless we’re 130%, I have looked all across NYC, with no luck and often turned away. The housing connect is the only hope we have at this moment. As a parent, full time student, and worker most of the landlords outside of HC want 130% and 750+ credit they will not include my voucher as income so I fall far below that. I was rejected by Sven because even with my voucher it didn’t cover the rent. If I move into a shelter, I have to leave my job, leave school, and relocate my children 2x (once when we go into a shelter and a second time when we find a place) it’s tough and being that these units are marketed as “affordable” it’s pretty sad that someone in my position is having a hard time getting into them because of $1-100 difference in rent.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad you also have the opportunity, its just much harder when you don’t already have a place to fall back on. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by zee619 View Post
I’m gona have to disagree with you on that one. I’m part of the 130% ami, and there is absolutely no way I can afford these apartments at market rate? Why should I not have an opportunity to live at 5P, Sven, & One Bell Slip?

Last edited by LandOFakes; 08-21-2022 at 06:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery