Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2022, 08:14 PM

51 posts, read 39,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenouveau View Post
from viewing to leasing is 4 days. They gave me the option of October 1, or September 1 (but by then it already too late, so they offered September 15) Still going through with leasing, is anyone here choosing the option of in-person signing? If yes, do they charge the $25 fees as the website suggested on 'notarize it?' for the insurance requirement, guys? Which company do you guys sign up with? I need a cheaper option for renter insurance besides lemonade.

I wouldn't trust her as to what unit is available. The girl boldly lies last time when I requested to view another unit one floor up from what I was assigned. She told me it was not available when I researched. It is. So I wouldn't trust anything this girl says!

So be aware and take everything they say with a grain of salt.
Thanks for the information, I'll definitely keep that in mind! I'm dealing with a different agent, not sure if she's any more reliable but she's been fine so far.

How long did it take for your file to be sent HPD after the additional documents step?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 05:46 AM

7 posts, read 5,714 times
Hi guys im so confused my log# is 2 and im just getting called back. Im not understanding the log number thing. But im not mad i hope i can get the unit i want

Old 09-07-2022, 06:04 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,424,274 times
They did CB and other preferences first after those were filled they start by number 1 of gen pop and go down the list.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:15 AM

57 posts, read 59,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trg22 View Post
Hi guys im so confused my log# is 2 and im just getting called back. Im not understanding the log number thing. But im not mad i hope i can get the unit i want
LOG # 2
WOW......that's the lowest log# I've ever seen anyone have!! Congrats and good luck!

Old 09-07-2022, 06:45 AM

7 posts, read 5,714 times
Thank you i was just so confused like wait whats happening lol i never been this lucky. I hope it goes well i just sent all my forms for the second time

Old 09-07-2022, 09:36 AM

53 posts, read 50,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summonito View Post
Thanks for the information, I'll definitely keep that in mind! I'm dealing with a different agent, not sure if she's any more reliable but she's been fine so far.

How long did it take for your file to be sent HPD after the additional documents step?
Honestly I am so grateful for the agent i had because she is diligent and very thorough. I had no reproach, her name is Maria. All the development should hire someone like her on their team, maybe then they would not have such hassle with tenants after signing (I read other reviews from their other development and its not great.) It took about two weeks to complete everything and submit to HPD. I had all my documents ready to go since i had so many rejections and practices from other development I knew what was needed. The whole process up to viewing and receiving the lease take a month. Just reach out to your agent for update every 5-10 days. Remember you are the one seeking help so it does help being persistent and consistent follow-up even when you get ignored.

Old 09-07-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meech33 View Post
LOG # 2
WOW......that's the lowest log# I've ever seen anyone have!! Congrats, and good luck!
hahaha aha I thought it was impossible. I genuinely thought it began at 1000, hahaha, until my log number hit 30, and I was like, no way, so they start below 100!

Old 09-07-2022, 10:48 AM

10 posts, read 9,348 times
Hi - I just finalized all of my paperwork and Maria sent through the HPD package to send to the housing authority. Am I correct in thinking that I *basically* have the apartment unless something goes terribly wrong? I'm wondering when to celebrate!!

Old 09-07-2022, 11:01 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,424,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1978 View Post
Hi - I just finalized all of my paperwork and Maria sent through the HPD package to send to the housing authority. Am I correct in thinking that I *basically* have the apartment unless something goes terribly wrong? I'm wondering when to celebrate!!
Celebrate when HPD approves and you sign the lease

Old 09-07-2022, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adb540 View Post
Hi everyone!
As other members have said, this forum has been such an amazingly helpful resource in what is otherwise an incredibly opaque process, so thanks to everyone for answering questions and sharing your stories!
My log number is 9,### and I got an email last week 8/29 asking for documents. I submitted them the same day on the portal (as well as additional documents over email a few days later, which strangely listed different required documents than on the portal), and haven’t heard anything other than a confirmation email that they received the documents on Friday 9/2. I know I am pretty early in this process, but I am SO excited to have been selected for this next stage of the lottery, and I am curious about a few aspects of the selection process as well as the units/area themselves:

1) It seems like the window for hearing back really varies depending on the agent as well as the time of year that the applicant hears back. Should I be waiting 5 business days, 2 weeks, before I call? Also, I have no preferences and am applying as a single person.
2) On a related note, am I still in the running for an apartment? Does the fact that they ask you for documents indicate that you have a high chance of being selected?
3) I know construction is going on nearby (and just read an article that the Cayler towers are going to continue being built over the next few years) and was curious how disruptive the construction is (if at all).
4) I would ~much~ rather have a one BR than a studio, though it would only be for myself. Is there any way that I can list my preference? Do they discriminate against a single person applying vs a couple (meaning, do they favor giving 1br to couples rather than to one person)? I also have pets; would that sway their decision at all?
5) Can you ask for a different unit if you don’t like the one they show you? I read a few posts that seemed to indicate you can ask to tour another unit, but others saying you cannot or they will tell you there aren’t any other units available when there are.
6) Finally, I saw others mention that there are plans or renderings for a rec room, a gym, and potentially having roof access. Where are you finding this information?

Thank you so much!
One good thing about this development they don't seem to discriminate against single people. Lol I hear stories of other developers holding out on the 1 bedroom for couple or families of 2+ but I am glad this one is not part of it. Its about income and availability, If there is availability and your income met the requirement for one bedroom i am confident they will allow it even if you are a single person. I know because i am one of the lucky single person who score a spacious one-bedroom yay !

I think you should always asks to see other units reason being you will be in that unit for a while hopefully 4-6 years before you decided to move or buy your own property. So imagine being miserable for all those years ! I was one of the people that were so excited and settle now I am wondering if i made the right choice?

The gym would not be an amenity to residents. According to the lease it would be a subcontractors parties that will be responsible for it so a monthly payment is required for usage. I honestly feels like it is a tactic to give less to residents as we are rent stabilized. Their other projects which are mixed (rent stabilized and market rated price) offers their tenants so much more amenities than the one which we were given.

The recreational room is real and will be available for all to use upon request. I don't know if they will charge a cleaning fees so we will find out soon lol.

I am not sure with the roof top access. I hope they do, that is the least they could offer to us, as all the other building in the areas have roof access.

Yes having selected to give document is a good sign! Hopefully everything matches with what you originally updated on your HC profile. So go back and review the snapshot (under 'in process' click view detail and check the household summary snapshot) if everything listed the same you should have no problem being qualify unless your saving and assets kick you out of the salary brackets then you are in trouble lol. If there is any discrepancies on your household summary snapshot or asset calculation please review the housing connect handbook it will tell you whats your next option for appeals.

Again do not let your excitement make you settle for something that may become a nuisance later
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery