Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2022, 11:32 AM

29 posts, read 24,854 times

Advertisements

Just realized that I may have sent in a different document than one of the documents requested. This is one of the minor "identifying myself" documents (I should note I sent even more than asked for on this front). Should I send in the updated document, or see if it's actually an error and then send it in at that point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2022, 01:22 PM

53 posts, read 51,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynnite18 View Post
Thank you so much- that is great to know! Do you happen to know the number for HPD or where to find that/who to call? I didn't feel comfortable with it because it was on the first floor with no bars on the windows and was hoping for something at least one floor up if it's possible for safety! Where did you get placed?
Hey, I don't have the number on hand. i'll check tomorrow on my desk, and ill update you. Meanwhile, you can google housing lottery housing HPD hotline and see what pop there is an option for email too. I previously shared the HPD handbook here I believe it also has their number or email check it out.

Regarding the windows, once you are signing your lease, there is an option where you can request to have a window guard to be mounted even if you don't have a 10-year-old living with you. It's the law in NYC. So if this is your only issue, then I would take it and, when signing the lease, ask for a window guard to be mounted on the windows.

Wait, I thought the first floors are mostly commercial? With huge windows, and I hear most of them have walking closets. I got a place on the 11 floors but wanted the 13, I am afraid once another project goes up, I will lose the view, so higher would at least leave me with a nice decent view I am at the back, facing the waterfront

Old 09-11-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponym View Post
Just realized that I may have sent in a different document than one of the documents requested. This is one of the minor "identifying myself" documents (I should note I sent even more than asked for on this front). Should I send in the updated document, or see if it's actually an error and then send it in at that point?
If they ask for more documents even if you already submitted them, just to be safe, resubmit them again.

Old 09-11-2022, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenouveau View Post
If they ask for more documents even if you already submitted them, just to be safe, resubmit them again.
They haven't asked for more documents yet...Not sure if I should be more proactive or not.

Old 09-14-2022, 07:41 AM

10 posts, read 9,620 times
Hey there,

I was contacted on the 29 for this building 23 West st., log number 9-xxx. I'm an NYC employee/CB resident teacher/single Dad with income including child support of around $74,000. What do you think my chances are of getting a two-bedroom?

Old 09-14-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig620 View Post
Hey there,

I was contacted on the 29 for this building 23 West st., log number 9-xxx. I'm an NYC employee/CB resident teacher/single Dad with income including child support of around $74,000. What do you think my chances are of getting a two-bedroom?
How many people is listed in your HC household snapshot? If only one then most likely no. If two people, not including a couple, then you are income qualifies as it ranges from $70,800-85,440 of a net rent of $1955 or a 2 bedroom. There are 108 units available so i am sure you will get one if you qualify.

Old 09-15-2022, 11:35 AM

Has anyone move in yet? mine is fast approaching I would like to know how's the commute to/from manhattan. I didn't see any supermarket when I visited how are you grocery shopping? Also, has anyone visited the flea market?

Old 09-15-2022, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Has anyone move in yet? mine is fast approaching I would like to know how's the commute to/from manhattan. I didn't see any supermarket when I visited how are you grocery shopping? Also, has anyone visited the flea market?
There's a trader joe's about ~15 minutes by foot from the apartment location, and also some local shops that are closer. I currently go to trader joe's as well as a local produce shop that's really affordable (mr. berry/mr. plum).

The flea market is during summers iirc, have only gone once or twice.

Old 09-15-2022, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponym View Post
There's a trader joe's about ~15 minutes by foot from the apartment location, and also some local shops that are closer. I currently go to trader joe's as well as a local produce shop that's really affordable (mr. berry/mr. plum).

The flea market is during summers iirc, have only gone once or twice.
Oh that's great i was worry a bit. really only in the summer i was looking forward to purchase some second hand furniture aka lamp, vase and plants. Hopefully there is a thrifting furniture near by.

Old 09-15-2022, 02:56 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,427,661 times
Quote:
Oh that's great i was worry a bit. really only in the summer i was looking forward to purchase some second hand furniture aka lamp, vase and plants. Hopefully there is a thrifting furniture near by.
There's a lot of good thrifting in the area stores like : Beacons closet, buffalo exchange, Copper+Plaid, Dream Fishing Tackle, Otto's Vintage & my fav Dobbin Street Vintage Co-op
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery