Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2022, 02:53 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,416,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenouveau View Post
Hi,

54 Units total available for the one bedroom category. Within that 54, 50% goes to the CB so only 27 one-bedroom available for all the Community board group. The rest is split between vision/NYC/ mobility (9%) and the general population (41%). For example, Municipal worker have between 2 units. I already have 1 of the two units available to municipal workers so the other one is first come first serve basis. After that the next qualify municipal worker will be waitlisted or downgrade to a studio or upgrade to 2 bedroom if they have the family and income criteria. The same goes for all the others.

I guess that why its called lottery, the lower your number the better your chance at getting your requirement without settling.
I heard they didn't break it up that way that it was 50% of all categories combined together. 50% of any 102 units..but who knows. I highly doubt all 1 bedrooms are gone. A lot of the times these agents give the wrong information as I've even read in this same thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 03:09 PM

53 posts, read 50,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I heard they didn't break it up that way that it was 50% of all categories combined together. 50% of any 102 units..but who knows. I highly doubt all 1 bedrooms are gone. A lot of the times these agents give the wrong information as I've even read in this same thread.
You may be right but according to the handbook, this is the format they are supposed to follow. Because not everyone is a family of 3+. The guideline is clear between income and family size. Priority is to first comers (like the first 50-100 people) then it goes from there. You cannot offer a two bedroom to a single person much less you cannot offer a studio to a family of 4.

Old 09-22-2022, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenouveau View Post
You may be right but according to the handbook, this is the format they are supposed to follow. Because not everyone is a family of 3+. The guideline is clear between income and family size. Priority is to first comers (like the first 50-100 people) then it goes from there. You cannot offer a two bedroom to a single person much less you cannot offer a studio to a family of 4.
True, time will tell. We can see if anyone past the log # of 100 is getting contacted for a 1 bedroom in the coming weeks.

Old 09-22-2022, 08:46 PM

21 posts, read 22,260 times
Sorry I’m not a pro at this forum as some of the more calculating folks here are but I am just hoping to respond to someone who asked about noise in the building … so few people live here that it’s hard to tell. You can hear a lot in the hallways but almost nothing inside the units so far.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:54 AM

10 posts, read 9,573 times
People who live in the building or does anyone know -- Are any of the two-bedrooms occupied yet? Got contacted, submitted docs and still waiting I'm a municipal worker/CB member with a 4-year-old son and fall exactly right in the income range for two people. Anxiously still waiting to hear back from the management!

Old 09-23-2022, 08:31 AM

4 posts, read 3,315 times
Who is the agent you are talking to? I just got requested for additional documents log #8*** w/ CB preference. Really hoping to get a 1 Bedroom but will see in the next week or so.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:11 AM

10 posts, read 9,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawrice View Post
Who is the agent you are talking to? I just got requested for additional documents log #8*** w/ CB preference. Really hoping to get a 1 Bedroom but will see in the next week or so.

The HC website says Tina? They initially said 4-6 weeks they would get back to me, it's been 3 1/2. My log # is in the 9000's. I don't want to bother them by checking in but if anyone else has experience with that and it's worth it let me know!

Old 09-23-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ig620 View Post
The HC website says Tina? They initially said 4-6 weeks they would get back to me, it's been 3 1/2. My log # is in the 9000's. I don't want to bother them by checking in but if anyone else has experience with that and it's worth it let me know!
I would check in once a week, nothing wrong with that.

Old 09-23-2022, 02:07 PM

28 posts, read 26,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ig620 View Post
I'm also "working" with Tina. I tried calling the phone number listed under Contact in the HC portal multiple times (both the general number, applicant specific hotline, Tina's number, and even other agent's numbers) to no avail. I've only had success corresponding over email, and their response time is within a week

Old 09-24-2022, 08:41 AM

3 posts, read 3,206 times
Hi all, just been approved for a studio, viewing the unit next weekend then signing the lease. Has anyone had success asking for a 1 bedroom unit instead? Timeline and Log # below for context:

Log #2X

Applied: 1/25/22
Request for documents: 9/1
Back and forth emails with marketing agent over my documents: week of 9/3
Background check and application submitted: 9/8
Application approved: 9/22

The lease should start Nov 1st. All in all, this seems like a pretty speedy process compared to some of the experiences I've been reading about on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery