Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2022, 10:32 AM

29 posts, read 27,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafydoggo View Post
Hi all, just been approved for a studio, viewing the unit next weekend then signing the lease. Has anyone had success asking for a 1 bedroom unit instead? Timeline and Log # below for context:

Log #2X

Applied: 1/25/22
Request for documents: 9/1
Back and forth emails with marketing agent over my documents: week of 9/3
Background check and application submitted: 9/8
Application approved: 9/22

The lease should start Nov 1st. All in all, this seems like a pretty speedy process compared to some of the experiences I've been reading about on this thread.
Thank you for posting your experience! Very similar timeline to what I posted as well earlier in the thread. I'm guessing you also qualify for both studio and 1-bed, right? Did your agent let you know there were no more 1-bedrooms available as well? (I suppose this would have been weeks ago in your process) - good to know either way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2022, 03:26 PM

3 posts, read 3,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrooklyn View Post
Thank you for posting your experience! Very similar timeline to what I posted as well earlier in the thread. I'm guessing you also qualify for both studio and 1-bed, right? Did your agent let you know there were no more 1-bedrooms available as well? (I suppose this would have been weeks ago in your process) - good to know either way!
Well I had asked both the marketing agent and the Halycon leasing agent via email and they never gave me an answer. So no one out right told me there weren't any 1 bedrooms left. I was hoping I could still ask in person when viewing my assigned studio.

Nevertheless, I am very lucky and excited to get this unit.

Old 09-24-2022, 08:13 PM

28 posts, read 26,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafydoggo View Post
Hi all, just been approved for a studio, viewing the unit next weekend then signing the lease. Has anyone had success asking for a 1 bedroom unit instead? Timeline and Log # below for context:

Log #2X

Applied: 1/25/22
Request for documents: 9/1
Back and forth emails with marketing agent over my documents: week of 9/3
Background check and application submitted: 9/8
Application approved: 9/22

The lease should start Nov 1st. All in all, this seems like a pretty speedy process compared to some of the experiences I've been reading about on this thread.
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, who was your agent? What was the best way you were able to get in contact with them?

Old 09-24-2022, 09:51 PM

3 posts, read 3,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adb540 View Post
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, who was your agent? What was the best way you were able to get in contact with them?

Her name is Chicon. I only contacted them through email. I haven't tried calling any numbers.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:05 AM

53 posts, read 50,630 times
Any advice for moving day? when do they giving out the keys ? is it a day early or the same day?

Old 09-27-2022, 09:38 AM

28 posts, read 26,542 times
Hi all,
Can confirm that there are no one bedrooms left (for CB preferences at least). One of the reps just emailed me asking me to provide a few additional documents and indicate if I would like to be processed for a studio. Super disappointed, but I guess that's why it is a lottery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 09-27-2022, 06:33 PM

4 posts, read 3,311 times
Oh damn, that's a bummer. I was hoping there would be at least be more 1Beds for CB. Does anyone of you know what "B8" means? That was in my subject line when they first reached me.

Quote:
Hi all,
Can confirm that there are no one bedrooms left (for CB preferences at least). One of the reps just emailed me asking me to provide a few additional documents and indicate if I would like to be processed for a studio. Super disappointed, but I guess that's why it is a lottery ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 09-29-2022, 01:07 PM

29 posts, read 24,647 times
Quote:
Hi all,
Were you already approved by the city?

Old 09-29-2022, 01:47 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,397,082 times
Do they hold off a certain amount of specific units for CB?

Old 09-29-2022, 04:40 PM

23 posts, read 20,883 times
Default Approved for 2 bedroom apartment

Approved for 2 bedroom apartment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery