Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2022, 09:35 PM

23 posts, read 20,895 times

Advertisements

I got my keys today… went inside the unit hot water working fine, but bathroom drawer still not fix and the crack on the ceiling I think my 6 years old would of done a better job… sent pictures will see what they say…I have t-mobile and the service it’s horrible, my connection said SOS or one bar signal… but overall apartment it’s good doesn’t feel like home but eventually it will
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2022, 07:41 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,398,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillatoro86 View Post
I got my keys today… went inside the unit hot water working fine, but bathroom drawer still not fix and the crack on the ceiling I think my 6 years old would of done a better job… sent pictures will see what they say…I have t-mobile and the service it’s horrible, my connection said SOS or one bar signal… but overall apartment it’s good doesn’t feel like home but eventually it will
Congrats on your new home! & taking pictures is a great idea . Always good to document things and let management know

Old 11-02-2022, 08:03 AM

31 posts, read 28,573 times
Hi all, I'm new here. So much great info in this forum. I got assigned a 1 bedroom apt (CB preference) and will have a viewing soon. The rent price in this building seems high compared to other lottery buildings. For those who have moved in (especially those in one bedroom) what is the total rent, you are required to pay including all the non-optional charges? Just trying to see if there are any additional fees.

ps. I have also got a pretty low log number for 23 Eagle street (log 5XXX, Ami 80%, CB) and was asked for the first round of documents. I think I have a pretty good chance of scoring the apartment there too. If you were in my shoes, do you think it would be worth waiting for the other building or take what I already have? Not sure if Eagle 23 is that much better (seems $200 cheaper for 1 bd).

Old 11-02-2022, 09:09 AM

196 posts, read 178,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolx View Post
Hi all, I'm new here. So much great info in this forum. I got assigned a 1 bedroom apt (CB preference) and will have a viewing soon. The rent price in this building seems high compared to other lottery buildings. For those who have moved in (especially those in one bedroom) what is the total rent, you are required to pay including all the non-optional charges? Just trying to see if there are any additional fees.

ps. I have also got a pretty low log number for 23 Eagle street (log 5XXX, Ami 80%, CB) and was asked for the first round of documents. I think I have a pretty good chance of scoring the apartment there too. If you were in my shoes, do you think it would be worth waiting for the other building or take what I already have? Not sure if Eagle 23 is that much better (seems $200 cheaper for 1 bd).
Hey! I'm actually in your shoes lol

I scored a 1 bedroom as well at Oak, already viewed it and am scheduled to sign the lease tomorrow (that is if the money hits my account so that I can pay the deposit and it has been delayed which is a bummer) and I was also asked to submit documents for the Eagle Street. I have CB but my log number is high 12,xxx but it's still tempting since it's technically a tad cheaper and they have nice amenities even though we wouldn't have access to pool etc if we are 80% AMI.

I would say it's up to you and to what comes first - it's very hard to take a gamble on these things but at the same time I completely understand. See how long the Oak street process takes and try to lengthen it as much as possible and see if Eagle Street reaches back out in the meantime.

Also, I know units at Eagle are either corner units so very spacious or are rather tiny - unlike units at Oak that are pretty good size all around. It's also not guaranteed that you would get a one bedroom at Eagle so you never know.

Normally I would say do Eagle over Oak but there is a lot to take into consideration and I myself have put a lot of thought to it. I myself will probably will go with Oak because a) Eagle hasn't reached back out b) I have a guarantee of a one bedroom and it's a very good size. If Eagle reached out again it would be a different story for sure but at the same time I dont think I'll have any regrets choosing Oak. I think it all comes down to the tangible offer versus the hope.

Good to note that there are issues in the Oak building and so far we aren't aware of the issues at Eagle because no one has moved in yet. I think any new constructions would have issues but good to take in consideration that you may run into some issues at Oak.

Don't know if this helps! Keep us posted on what you choose

Last edited by Camomille; 11-02-2022 at 09:20 AM..

Old 11-02-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillatoro86 View Post
Sorry to hear about the issues in apartment, yes agreed with Gilmoregal definitely document everything, that isn't acceptable. Is your connection still bad? Have you installed internet yet?

Hope you feel at home soon!!

Old 11-02-2022, 09:21 AM

31 posts, read 28,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Hey! I'm actually in your shoes lol

I scored a 1 bedroom as well at Oak, already viewed it and am scheduled to sign the lease tomorrow (that is if the money hits my account so that I can pay the deposit and it has been delayed which is a bummer) and I was also asked to submit documents for the Eagle Street. I have CB but my log number is high 12,xxx but it's still tempting since it's technically a tad cheaper and they have nice amenities even though we wouldn't have access to pool etc if we are 80% AMI.

I would say it's up to you and to what comes first - it's very hard to take a gamble on these things but at the same time I completely understand. See how long the Oak street process takes and try to lengthen it as much as possible and see if Eagle Street reaches back out in the meantime.

Also, I know units at Eagle are either corner units so very spacious or are rather tiny - unlike units at Oak that are pretty good size all around. It's also not guaranteed that you would get a one bedroom at Eagle so you never know.

Don't know if this helps! Keep us posted on what you choose
Yes, this helps! So far I'm set on accepting the Oak street apartment as I don't want to push my luck too much, but I think I will make the final decision after I see the apartment. I will try and do as you said, push the signing of the lease as much as possible and see what happens.

Old 11-02-2022, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolx View Post
Yes, this helps! So far I'm set on accepting the Oak street apartment as I don't want to push my luck too much, but I think I will make the final decision after I see the apartment. I will try and do as you said, push the signing of the lease as much as possible and see what happens.
Amazing - good luck on everything!!

Old 11-02-2022, 09:35 AM

30 posts, read 28,969 times
Hey everyone! After a lengthy process of sending documents. I was finally approved for a studio, although I want a 1 bedroom and qualify for both. I view the unit tomorrow, I am in C tower. Hoping I like.

I do not believe I am cb preference but my log # was 3xx. Overall still excited & grateful! This thread has been super helpful for me!! I've been applying since 2016 & this is the first time my application has been picked.

Even if there is no luck I will still inquire about 1 bedroom & kinda wish i was on a higher floor. I hate that they just choose everything for you. Did anyone have luck with this inquiry? LOL. I've seen many people say they would ask.

Old 11-02-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlnxtdoor16 View Post
Hey everyone! After a lengthy process of sending documents. I was finally approved for a studio, although I want a 1 bedroom and qualify for both. I view the unit tomorrow, I am in C tower. Hoping I like.

I do not believe I am cb preference but my log # was 3xx. Overall still excited & grateful! This thread has been super helpful for me!! I've been applying since 2016 & this is the first time my application has been picked.

Even if there is no luck I will still inquire about 1 bedroom & kinda wish i was on a higher floor. I hate that they just choose everything for you. Did anyone have luck with this inquiry? LOL. I've seen many people say they would ask.
Congrats!!!

I actually asked to change units with no luck lol I also heard about some people getting a studio even they qualify for a 1 bedroom which is odd to me as well. But hey it never hurts to ask again! Maybe they'll be in a good mood that day but they seem to chose everything. What floor are you on? I'm in C Tower as well!

Old 11-02-2022, 10:48 AM

30 posts, read 28,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camomille View Post
Congrats!!!

I actually asked to change units with no luck lol I also heard about some people getting a studio even they qualify for a 1 bedroom which is odd to me as well. But hey it never hurts to ask again! Maybe they'll be in a good mood that day but they seem to chose everything. What floor are you on? I'm in C Tower as well!
Thank you!! Congrats on getting your unit as well. 4th floor! Wbu? I hope I have a view at least. I am thinking of signing lease on 12/15.

Its odd to me too but whatever, I guess this is just how they do things. I have never lived in this neighborhood so I am worried about commute to work because G train is the slowest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery