Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2022, 07:31 PM

61 posts, read 44,440 times

Advertisements

UPDATE: Went to view the apartment today (11/4). The super told me that people have already began to move in and that the building is at a 40-50% capacity. The leasing office asked me to go in on Tuesday to sign the affidavits and to bring a $20 money order for background and credit check. *fingers crossed*.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2022, 08:05 PM

51 posts, read 39,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemarie44 View Post
UPDATE: Went to view the apartment today (11/4). The super told me that people have already began to move in and that the building is at a 40-50% capacity. The leasing office asked me to go in on Tuesday to sign the affidavits and to bring a $20 money order for background and credit check. *fingers crossed*.
Good luck! It sounds you're really close. Hopefully that many apartments being filled means they'll be starting on general population soon.

Old 11-10-2022, 12:41 PM

I went in Tuesday (11/8) to sign the affidavits etc. agent told me she’ll be in touch and that I should be expecting to be called for lease signing in less than a month. She stated 3 weeks tops.

Old 11-10-2022, 02:45 PM

50 posts, read 23,411 times
Congratulations!! Hopefully they’re open to the general population soon ! Hopefully I get called

Old 11-10-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexxK12 View Post
Congratulations!! Hopefully they’re open to the general population soon ! Hopefully I get called
I asked an HPD agent about it and their response was that they expect the agent from Peninsula to start processing general population within 2 to 4 months.

Old 11-10-2022, 04:50 PM

50 posts, read 23,411 times
Okay perfect ! I’ll keep an update if I hear from them

Old 11-10-2022, 05:27 PM

25 posts, read 31,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summonito View Post
I asked an HPD agent about it and their response was that they expect the agent from Peninsula to start processing general population within 2 to 4 months.

Wow. So they spent a YEAR (lottery ended late Feb 2022) on Preferences and they just NOW getting to Gen Pop? Damn shame. SMDH.

Old 11-10-2022, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxiteKing12 View Post
Wow. So they spent a YEAR (lottery ended late Feb 2022) on Preferences and they just NOW getting to Gen Pop? Damn shame. SMDH.
I had the same reaction honestly, it's wild.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxiteKing12 View Post
I don’t think it would be a year technically. Logs came out in March. TCO was issued 5/20- which would put people being able to move in beginning June at the earliest and that’s if they started calling people prior to receiving the TCO.

I know this management company is also handling Brooklyn crossing and Chestnut and another property I can’t remember at the moment.

I recently got asked to submit documents for a lottery that closed 2 years ago. These things are a process and can take a long time.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemarie44 View Post
I don’t think it would be a year technically. Logs came out in March. TCO was issued 5/20- which would put people being able to move in beginning June at the earliest and that’s if they started calling people prior to receiving the TCO.

I know this management company is also handling Brooklyn crossing and Chestnut and another property I can’t remember at the moment.

I recently got asked to submit documents for a lottery that closed 2 years ago. These things are a process and can take a long time.
It's not really a year because as you said they didn't reach out until later. I believe they started reaching out around the time of that opening ceremony in June. Going by that estimate of 2-4 months until general population is reached, it's more like a 7-10 month wait.

It's understandable that it takes a while because they have tons of people to reach out to, wait for documents, process appeals, and wait for HPD to process. It just feels like forever when you don't have any preferences, especially with lotteries that make no effort to keep everyone updated. That's why I appreciate the people in this forum so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: