Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 03:10 PM

136 posts, read 116,991 times

Advertisements

My highest log in the past was 90*** for 160 Madison ave That was not my CB then But it is my highest log number granted that was on the old Housing Connect. My lowest Log was 6** for 210 Eat 39th st. I was not called for any of them. I looked on HC2 and my highest log number which was 28*** was adjacent to my CB but not in my CB by 1 block is my highest log number. Very few stuff in my CB, hell very little at my AMI in general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 03:39 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,412,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconyte View Post
My highest log in the past was 90*** for 160 Madison ave That was not my CB then But it is my highest log number granted that was on the old Housing Connect. My lowest Log was 6** for 210 Eat 39th st. I was not called for any of them. I looked on HC2 and my highest log number which was 28*** was adjacent to my CB but not in my CB by 1 block is my highest log number. Very few stuff in my CB, hell very little at my AMI in general
That seems to be a constant theme recently. Very few options for lower AMI ppl.

Which makes the chances of winning harder. Few buildings with low AMIs everyone is rushing to apply to the same one. At the same time the buildings are having a harder time filling higher AMIs...

Old 04-06-2022, 03:54 PM

2,058 posts, read 1,670,514 times
A few have been high. One has been below 200. The highest numbers have been outside of CB, also the lowest. There are many more non - CB lotteries.
These lotteries attract many applications, it’s free, you register once then you can just click an enter a lottery. If there are a lot of applicants there will be high log#s.

Old 07-02-2022, 12:23 AM

125 posts, read 137,717 times
Hi, so there’s actually a few HC apartments being built in my neighborhood but 2 of my log numbers are high in the 20k & 30k range. I only got one low log number which was 4xxx with CB preference so I have hope for that one. I’m not too sure about the other 2 but we’ll see what happens.

Old 07-02-2022, 09:37 AM

333 posts, read 257,934 times
Yes! My CB logs are 10k plus but when I changed the address on my profile, I started getting lower logs for my CB. Seems really weird

Old 07-02-2022, 01:16 PM

170 posts, read 169,164 times
Yes, I got a 46K log number for my CB, but in other parts of this borough and even other boroughs it’s like all my logs are under 10,000 and then some even under 2000.

Old 07-02-2022, 02:15 PM

87 posts, read 59,418 times
I have a simple question about log numbers to add to this thread. If someone else has a lower log number than you and you are both qualified for the apartment and both CB and both applying for the apartment at the same time and there is only one apartment left, does the person with the lower number ALWAYS get picked over you? Or does the stronger application get picked? Or does the first person to decide get picked? The person with the better credit score? Or what?

Old 07-02-2022, 02:37 PM

333 posts, read 257,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbuddy View Post
I have a simple question about log numbers to add to this thread. If someone else has a lower log number than you and you are both qualified for the apartment and both CB and both applying for the apartment at the same time and there is only one apartment left, does the person with the lower number ALWAYS get picked over you? Or does the stronger application get picked? Or does the first person to decide get picked? The person with the better credit score? Or what?
The log number below you will always get picked if they are approved and qualify

Old 07-02-2022, 03:04 PM

125 posts, read 137,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbuddy View Post
The lower log number would get picked but if the apartments just for yourself then they may offer you a studio if they have any left. That’s the good thing if it’s just for 1 person because you get the option of taking a 1br or a studio if you qualify for both and if they have any left.

Old 07-03-2022, 11:02 AM

47 posts, read 32,275 times
I'm praying everyday for even one building will come up in my CB. But nada so far, and I live in South Bronx, almost everything is Brooklyn and few in the Bronx far from where I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery