Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 06:55 AM

8 posts, read 5,271 times

Advertisements

My packages getting peed on by my neighbors dog -______-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2022, 07:43 AM

31 posts, read 31,519 times
4 floor walk up in a barely kept building
Living with “friends” who are basically just strangers
My packages getting stolen

Old 05-24-2022, 08:18 AM

644 posts, read 737,257 times
A ridiculously tiny bathroom

Old 05-24-2022, 08:38 AM

178 posts, read 244,420 times
This thread is great, and hilarious in some cases lol. I just moved to my lottery apartment 5 days ago and I can honestly say i don't miss ANYTHING about my old one lol. Not the upstairs neighbor vacuuming at 2am (im convinced she has manic episodes because honestly who does that), not the next door neighbor fighting with her husband scaring my kids, not the occasional silverfish? (i thought they were centipedes) either way scary as all hell i hate bugs lol. Not the drunks across the street in the triangle park singing or arguing all summer long lol. The list can go on and on lol.

Old 05-24-2022, 04:37 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,043,318 times
I still think the worst case here is the one with the waterbugs. Eek! In my case, my previous landlord tried to use cheap labor to replace both gas and water pipes and they must’ve left leaky water pipes because the bathroom was always humid! Leaking pipes humidify the building making it susceptible to waterbugs, silverfish and house centipedes- all which I had, although thankfully, they wouldn’t show up all at once and every day lol.

One day, eventually the bathroom ceiling collapsed from all the humidity and I saw mold that had built up inside the sheet rock. I took a picture of it and sent it to my landlord and long story short - I won a lottery shortly (days) after the experience. Without the landlord knowing I had won a lottery or found another place to live, I told them I wanted out of my lease because of the leaking problem. To my shock, can you believe he literally agreed and even paid me thousands to move and not to say anything? I used some of the money to buy furniture for my brand new apartment and to move the heck out of my old one!

Old 05-24-2022, 06:50 PM

726 posts, read 814,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I still think the worst case here is the one with the waterbugs. Eek! In my case, my previous landlord tried to use cheap labor to replace both gas and water pipes and they must’ve left leaky water pipes because the bathroom was always humid! Leaking pipes humidify the building making it susceptible to waterbugs, silverfish and house centipedes- all which I had, although thankfully, they wouldn’t show up all at once and every day lol.

One day, eventually the bathroom ceiling collapsed from all the humidity and I saw mold that had built up inside the sheet rock. I took a picture of it and sent it to my landlord and long story short - I won a lottery shortly (days) after the experience. Without the landlord knowing I had won a lottery or found another place to live, I told them I wanted out of my lease because of the leaking problem. To my shock, can you believe he literally agreed and even paid me thousands to move and not to say anything? I used some of the money to buy furniture for my brand new apartment and to move the heck out of my old one!
As you should this is amazing. I’m so happy this happened and that he paid up there are slumlords who will still try to hold someone to the lease

Old 05-24-2022, 08:20 PM

100 posts, read 128,833 times
I won’t miss mounds of flying ants during nuptial season, I won’t miss sewage coming into my tub, I won’t miss not being able to have an AC in the sweltering NyC summers. I’m not gonna miss children constantly running and flipping over my head 24/7. I’m not gonna miss constant excuses and feeling sorry for my landlord. I’m definitely not gonna miss my apartment flooding and have to constantly replace things. I’m not gonna miss the plumber coming into my apartment at 5am (after my 18 hour shift) and having to constantly fix everything. We all deserve to have peace in our homes no matter if we live in a 6 story walk up or a basement. I’m hoping everyone in this thread gets a place they love.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:22 PM

100 posts, read 128,833 times
This is such a good thread, I’m glad we are all in the same boat and have some form of community here

Old 07-01-2022, 04:18 PM

125 posts, read 137,016 times
I won’t miss having roommates! It’s hell! I’m So tired of sharing my space, I can’t wait to come home to peace! No loud music, no bunch of strangers in my apartment having parties and being loud in the kitchen/living room area at all hours of the night. I’m praying to god I get this HC apartment so that I can finally live in peace & have my own space. That’s all I want after a long day at work is to come home to peace.

Old 07-03-2022, 05:12 PM

7 posts, read 10,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
Unfortunately, this still happens in new buildings.
my Super requested we throw sorted, unbagged waste into proper bins, that this was the proper way... each bin has a large liner in it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: