Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2022, 07:56 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I put down that I was no longer interested in a lottery I applied to last year because I got a raise was bumped into another AMI but since the lotteries on housing connect have updated the cap to the AMI income range I now qualify for a unit there. Can they still contact me once they get to my log number even though I put down that I was no longer interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2022, 08:33 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Hey guys I put down that I was no longer interested in a lottery I applied to last year because I got a raise was bumped into another AMI but since the lotteries on housing connect have updated the cap to the AMI income range I now qualify for a unit there. Can they still contact me once they get to my log number even though I put down that I was no longer interested?
My understanding is no, by indicating you are no longer interested in HC, you are withdrawing your application for that building and will not be contacted. In the future, you should NEVER withdraw from a building before they contact you. There is no benefit from withdrawing early and only the possibility of something like this happening if your situation changes or something changes with the availability of units, number, AMI etc.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:37 PM

Hey thanks! yeah I learned my lesson. Never doing that again. Ugh

Old 04-25-2022, 11:35 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
My experience is that they can. I went through with the paperwork for an apartment that I thought I'd be in love with, but when I went to the viewing I didn't like it and rejected the place on the housing connect site. I also emailed the person handling my case that I wasn't interested. A day later, the person replied back and asked if I wanted to view two empty apartments in the building. I said yes and viewed both apartments, but winded up declining them both. A week later, I'm entered in a mini lottery for one of the same apartments that I viewed So the answer is yes, they can absolutely contact you again!

Old 04-26-2022, 06:06 AM

Oh wow okay thanks! I’m never putting that I’m no longer interested again lol.

Old 04-26-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
My experience is that they can. I went through with the paperwork for an apartment that I thought I'd be in love with, but when I went to the viewing I didn't like it and rejected the place on the housing connect site. I also emailed the person handling my case that I wasn't interested. A day later, the person replied back and asked if I wanted to view two empty apartments in the building. I said yes and viewed both apartments, but winded up declining them both. A week later, I'm entered in a mini lottery for one of the same apartments that I viewed So the answer is yes, they can absolutely contact you again!
I actually did also have a marketing agency contact me again to submit documents (also a day or 2 later) after I declined but it was more a matter of them not being organized and documenting that I had already declined. If you decline, you should expect that you won't be contacted again because in most cases, you won't be, particularly if you decline BEFORE ever being contacted. I have never heard of anyone being first contacted after having withdrawn.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
I actually did also have a marketing agency contact me again to submit documents (also a day or 2 later) after I declined but it was more a matter of them not being organized and documenting that I had already declined. If you decline, you should expect that you won't be contacted again because in most cases, you won't be, particularly if you decline BEFORE ever being contacted. I have never heard of anyone being first contacted after having withdrawn.
I changed the status on housing connect to no longer interested. I haven't been in contact with anyone yet. I dont think they have reached my log number

Old 04-26-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I changed the status on housing connect to no longer interested. I haven't been in contact with anyone yet. I dont think they have reached my log number
Yeah I understood. I only meant stormgal's and my experience of being contacted after declining AFTER having already been contacted to submit documents or elsewhere further along in the process (viewing a unit etc.), is probably not the same as yours. I'd be very surprised if anyone has been contacted for the first time after declining/withdrawing in HC.

But I think you understand, your best bet is to never decline before being contacted going forward, then if/when you are contacted, you can decide at that time if you qualify, are still interested etc.

Old 04-26-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Yeah I understood. I only meant stormgal's and my experience of being contacted after declining AFTER having already been contacted to submit documents or elsewhere further along in the process (viewing a unit etc.), is probably not the same as yours. I'd be very surprised if anyone has been contacted for the first time after declining/withdrawing in HC.

But I think you understand, your best bet is to never decline before being contacted going forward, then if/when you are contacted, you can decide at that time if you qualify, are still interested etc.
Ohhh I see. Yeah never doing that again lol

Old 03-15-2024, 07:36 AM

9 posts, read 2,565 times
I'm probably the first then. For some reason, I withdrew the same day I applied and got contacted from them to submit documents yesterday (6mos later). Wasn’t alerted from HC either, as per usual, so I know that's a good sign. I ended up changing my mind and submitting the paperwork, since it's right up the block from me. Hope they don’t change theirs now smh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: