Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 10:41 AM

118 posts, read 74,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephz View Post
Thank you! I was just asked to submit documents log # 39xx with CB preference but a little discouraged seeing y’all have been back and forth for months now.
I've been approved since August with the 1st round of picks so I'm definitely Anxious as It's taking forever, but as he stated above, End of April seems to be the most promising. I haven't been asked to Resubmit the documents again yet, but I'm sure the email is coming. According to DOB Now, New Elevators were just installed for Contruction crew to complete their work on all 17 floors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2023, 10:53 AM

139 posts, read 104,943 times
Yes! I seen on the website that they installed new elevators. I think the end of April people will finally be able to see the apartments. I am anxious and tired of the wait honestly. I think a lot of people denied this building because the resident selection coordinator told me they are still pulling people from the list. I went by the area yesterday and saw the building.

Old 03-28-2023, 12:59 PM

Has anybody been able to see the floor plans for this building?

Old 04-02-2023, 10:08 AM

31 posts, read 42,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720okane View Post
Yes! I seen on the website that they installed new elevators. I think the end of April people will finally be able to see the apartments. I am anxious and tired of the wait honestly. I think a lot of people denied this building because the resident selection coordinator told me they are still pulling people from the list. I went by the area yesterday and saw the building.
Hey what website did you see this on?

Old 04-02-2023, 02:17 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,886,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlettuce View Post
I’ve been in this neighborhood since I was 5 years old and it’s changed in many ways, but it still has a ways to go. As a woman I do not feel safe walking around at night, Jerome Ave where this building is located has a lot of auto shops/garages where the owners are not at all respectful as you walk by. Mullaly park is right next to this building and it also isn’t safe at night, I can name one fatal shooting within the last 6 months. In terms of shopping there are mostly local mom and pop stores, or local chains. These spots usually charge way more than other better known chains (one example would be cat food, $18 locally for a box whereas at target it’s $12). If you want a bite to eat you’ll mostly have fast food or local Dominican/Mexican spots. I find that there isn’t much variety in the area. I wouldn’t call it a food desert per se but it’s not far off. I usually find that if I want more variety in activities or food I have to go into Manhattan. Lastly a lot of the tenants in near by buildings are loud and messy. I’ve witnessed several parties where you can hardly sleep because of the music and you wake up the next day to garbage everywhere. I don’t know if this will be a problem in this building but it certainly is a problem in many of the ones near by. Given that the park is nearby I hope the windows are sound proof (which they should be since the train is right there).

Now that’s not to say that there aren’t positives that make it worth living in. You can’t beat the transportation options, being on the 4 and D line you have easy access to most boroughs and plenty of transfer options. I’ve noticed a lot of development in recent years which gives me hope that they’re pouring plenty of money into the community and we can expect it to be continuously spruced up. Another added benefit is it’s within walking distance to the yankee stadium and the Bronx terminal market.

The rent in this neighborhood has gone up significantly, and if I were to be offered an apartment I would definitely take it even with the negatives.
this is understandable

Old 04-04-2023, 09:17 AM

https://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/bispi00.jsp (NYC buildings)

Old 04-04-2023, 09:18 AM

Anther delay in building receiving its TCO/COO. This process is becoming a little ridiculous. smh

Old 04-04-2023, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720okane View Post
Has anybody been able to see the floor plans for this building?
No, but I wish they'd put it up. All I know is that they have some 1 BDR that are 581 Sq Ft

Old 04-04-2023, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgy1989 View Post
Hey what website did you see this on?
https://a810-dobnow.nyc.gov/publish/Index.html#!/

Old 04-04-2023, 10:11 AM

31 posts, read 42,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nmbslay View Post
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery