Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2022, 07:43 PM

58 posts, read 31,643 times

Advertisements

Hi! I recently received ERAP rental assistance - does anyone know if receiving ERAP affects my chances of getting the rerentals that I'm currently submitting documents for? I'm not trying to hide it I just want to know if it will affect anything.

Also, I earn a mixed income (self employment and w2s) and so I want to make sure I'm properly presenting both income streams. Has anyone out there done this successfully? I am preparing my notarized self-statement of income and I'm not totally sure how to do it properly. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2022, 08:10 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,449,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimazi View Post
Hi! I recently received ERAP rental assistance - does anyone know if receiving ERAP affects my chances of getting the rerentals that I'm currently submitting documents for? I'm not trying to hide it I just want to know if it will affect anything.

Also, I earn a mixed income (self employment and w2s) and so I want to make sure I'm properly presenting both income streams. Has anyone out there done this successfully? I am preparing my notarized self-statement of income and I'm not totally sure how to do it properly. Thanks in advance!
Have you already been asked to submit documents? I have self-employment income and have recently submitted documents for a few buildings and I always reached out to the marketing agent and asked about the self statement and they provided me a self statement form which was different for each agency. I haven't had to submit a letter at all, just the form detailing my income and business expenses.

Old 05-04-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Have you already been asked to submit documents? I have self-employment income and have recently submitted documents for a few buildings and I always reached out to the marketing agent and asked about the self statement and they provided me a self statement form which was different for each agency. I haven't had to submit a letter at all, just the form detailing my income and business expenses.
I was just asked to submit documents today! You recommend I just ask them about the self statement rather than creating one myself? My income is confusing so I want to make sure it's portrayed accurately!

Old 05-04-2022, 08:42 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,449,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimazi View Post
I was just asked to submit documents today! You recommend I just ask them about the self statement rather than creating one myself? My income is confusing so I want to make sure it's portrayed accurately!
The way I always phrased it was "I just received a request for documents. I have self-employment income. Is there self-employment affidavit form? Otherwise, can you please provide me a list of what needs to be included in a self-statement letter so I can be sure to include everything that is required?"

So far, 3 different agencies have responded with a form (each slightly different) that asks for my business information, projected gross income for the next 12 months, expenses for the next 12 months, net profit etc. and then a place to sign. The most recent one didn't even require it to be notarized and it was accepted by HPD. If they respond that you have to create one, they should be able to share exactly what you need to include.

Old 05-04-2022, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
The way I always phrased it was "I just received a request for documents. I have self-employment income. Is there self-employment affidavit form? Otherwise, can you please provide me a list of what needs to be included in a self-statement letter so I can be sure to include everything that is required?"

So far, 3 different agencies have responded with a form (each slightly different) that asks for my business information, projected gross income for the next 12 months, expenses for the next 12 months, net profit etc. and then a place to sign. The most recent one didn't even require it to be notarized and it was accepted by HPD. If they respond that you have to create one, they should be able to share exactly what you need to include.
That's helpful thank you, I'll try that! This is for a rerental and it seems like they do things a bit differently too. We will see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery