Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2022, 09:16 PM

2,017 posts, read 1,633,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yn41942n View Post
Thank you so much!! This is a hot building. I give up...
I suppose you don’t have CB preference here. If you see a lottery where you have CB preference enter the lottery. It is a massive advantage. Even if you have doubts about the building go ahead and enter. You can always decline a unit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 10:02 PM

225 posts, read 304,940 times
So looking at the floor plans it seems like the H line might* be the affordable units for the two bedrooms. The other two bedrooms… C,D and I are listed as market rate (at least on some floors) and have photos that look similar to listed floor plans. The H Line, has no floor plans online anywhere that I can find. It looks to be smaller, so I’m wonder if it’s a two bed/one bathroom affordable unit. At least it appears to have the nice corner windows.
All of this is pure speculation based on sleuthing the website and easy street listings. Do not take my word for it because I haven’t been inside the building… yet! (Fingers crossed) Different floors may have totally different layouts.

Last edited by Vanta B; 08-05-2022 at 10:32 PM..

Old 08-06-2022, 08:24 AM

828 posts, read 768,785 times
Log 38,xxx. Another lol! for me.

Old 08-06-2022, 08:42 AM

6 posts, read 16,310 times
Log #13xx keeping an open mind but also know that if God wants this for me it’s mine, and if not God bless whomever it’s for

Old 08-06-2022, 12:11 PM

108 posts, read 103,492 times
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Usually it doesn't. The only situations it would is 1) if the building has CB preference and you moved out of the CB or 2) you left NYC and no longer have general NYC preference. If there is no CB preference for the building, or you didn't have CB to begin with, moving within NYC won't impact you. You'll just have to prove your current address as usual (lease, utility bill etc.).

Old 08-06-2022, 12:50 PM

2,017 posts, read 1,633,619 times
Default USPS Mail Forwarding; Update HC account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingelz83 View Post
Log # 5**

My address has changed since i applied, does that matter?
I can’t claim that this particular lottery uses the US Postal Service for communications. However, some lotteries do use the mail to contact applicants. I don’t know if they attempt other methods of contract if their usps letters are not answered. It’s entirely possible that there are lotteries the ONLY contact applicant by mail. USPS seems very popular with Mitchell Lama buildings which are the among the most desirable situations available.

It’s a good personal practice to sign up with the usps for mail forwarding. Search for it online. Also, update your address on your Housing Connect account.

Old 08-07-2022, 11:20 AM

23 posts, read 30,019 times
I have a question, do we need to add documents on our profile? Can we take a photo and attach it or scan ? I have no idea how this works

Old 08-07-2022, 11:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 1,442,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin41668 View Post
I have a question, do we need to add documents on our profile? Can we take a photo and attach it or scan ? I have no idea how this works
When you are contacted for documents a portal to submit them will open and you will uploaded the docs there. If you want, there is an option to upload documents to your HC profile ahead of time and then you have less to do once you are contacted for a building.

Old 08-07-2022, 12:28 PM

23 posts, read 30,019 times
Thanks

Old 08-08-2022, 04:26 PM

98 posts, read 154,897 times
I have CB preference 2,xxx , is there hope for me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery