Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2022, 04:55 PM

43 posts, read 44,067 times

Advertisements

Anyone do a credit check or provide rent statements yet ? When do they ask for that information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 10:43 AM

I got a call today stating that I qualified for both a studio and a 1 bedroom and was asked what would I prefer (obviously 1 bedroom) I was then informed that I qualified for two separate AMI 70% and 80% which obviously come with two separate monthly rent prices. I was then scheduled to come in next week for a viewing. It’s been moving pretty fast it’s one been about 2 weeks since I first was asked to submit documents.

Old 10-27-2022, 05:46 PM

25 posts, read 31,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDon View Post
I got a call today stating that I qualified for both a studio and a 1 bedroom and was asked what would I prefer (obviously 1 bedroom) I was then informed that I qualified for two separate AMI 70% and 80% which obviously come with two separate monthly rent prices. I was then scheduled to come in next week for a viewing. It’s been moving pretty fast it’s one been about 2 weeks since I first was asked to submit documents.
Aww man, congrats. I'm glad that they're moving fast. Here's hoping they get to gen pop just as fast. Good luck.

Take pics or record the walk through for us, please.

Old 11-02-2022, 01:41 PM

27 posts, read 32,191 times
Anyone awaiting HPD approval?

Old 11-04-2022, 07:21 AM

9 posts, read 12,233 times
I just submitted the second round of documents (bank statements, NYCERS etc.). However, I have a few questions for HPD. The appliances in the one bedroom I viewed are white/cheap and not the ones in the photos/not the ones in the market rate units which I believe is illegal.

I also want to know approximately how much the electricity bill will be. The A/C is central air and everything is electric including the stove. This means that in the winter the bill could be hundreds of dollars.

If anyone has any input regarding this please let me know.

Old 11-04-2022, 12:07 PM

504 posts, read 463,354 times
Wait a minute the appliances are white ? Oh hell no

Old 11-04-2022, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah99Mills9 View Post
Wait a minute the appliances are white ? Oh hell no

Many of the affordable housing apartments have white appliances, I'm currently living at 33 Bond St which I got via. Lottery and the appliances are white.

Old 11-04-2022, 06:57 PM

962 posts, read 940,871 times
The photos are never accurate which I find to be bs at times

Old 11-04-2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
The photos are never accurate which I find to be bs at times

I believe the photos are accurate they just aren't what "Affordable housing units" look like. who is really gonna take a picture of what it really looks like, they sale you on what you could have not what you're getting.

Old 11-04-2022, 07:47 PM

726 posts, read 814,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkDon View Post
I believe the photos are accurate they just aren't what "Affordable housing units" look like. who is really gonna take a picture of what it really looks like, they sale you on what you could have not what you're getting.
The photos are actually accurate I live near this building with the exception of the night time view there is no waterfront near it that looks like that unless your probably in the pent house of this building
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery