Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2023, 12:18 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,451,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietdelight View Post
No but I'm going to see if I can ask. I don't know if the AMI increase has affected this building as well because there was no change on the HPD site for them. They also didn't mention anything either.
The AMI increase by HUD applies to all buildings that use the HUD numbers (all HC buildings).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2023, 06:43 PM

504 posts, read 459,973 times
Did anyone else get called ?

Old 06-09-2023, 06:07 AM

38 posts, read 29,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
The AMI increase by HUD applies to all buildings that use the HUD numbers (all HC buildings).
Yes, but they had me sign the paperwork I filled in February which didn't include updated numbers. And on the website it wasn't reflected in the chart as far as I know. I wish I took a screenshot of it in February. I'm assuming they're out of the office this week with the air quality issue, so we might not get any additional answers til Monday.

Old 06-09-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Yes, but they had me sign the paperwork I filled in February which didn't include updated numbers. And on the website it wasn't reflected in the chart as far as I know. I wish I took a screenshot of it in February. I'm assuming they're out of the office this week with the air quality issue, so we might not get any additional answers til Monday.
The new numbers only came out in mid-late May, paperwork in Feb would have shown the 2022 numbers. The 2023 income limits have been since updated on HC and all approvals that happen after the new numbers came out are subject to the increased figures.

Old 06-09-2023, 11:16 AM

so for 70 AMI the max income is now 79k?
According to thisform below ?
https://www.nyc.gov/assets/hpd/downl...ligibility.pdf

Old 06-09-2023, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Correct, I find this page clearer: https://www.nyc.gov/site/hpd/service...an-income.page

The limits are what is important as each building sets the minimum income so the range will vary.

Old 06-09-2023, 11:33 AM

thank you very much! I had been trying to hold on to my job for awhile due to the lottery but eneded up getting a new job due to the applicant hold. I worried my increased salary would stop me from getting the apartment. outside of the lottery, it's so challenging to find a place to live if you don't have a 700+ credit score.

Old 06-10-2023, 05:00 AM

6 posts, read 3,443 times
I’m log# 14XX and I qualify for the 80% AMI. Haven’t been contacted yet.

Old 06-11-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
thank you very much! I had been trying to hold on to my job for awhile due to the lottery but eneded up getting a new job due to the applicant hold. I worried my increased salary would stop me from getting the apartment. outside of the lottery, it's so challenging to find a place to live if you don't have a 700+ credit score.
Will you still qualify with your new pay at the new job? It is pretty cut and dry, if yes, you will just have to update your employment and income info but you should have no issues still getting a unit, if no, you will be rejected.

Old 06-11-2023, 02:08 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,642,464 times
Quote:
Almost correct. $79,120 is the max income for 80% (Eighty) AMI. $69,230 is the max income for 70% (Seventy) AMI. For one person household.

Indeed, as already posted this table shows it better by 10% increments, scroll sideways on the table to see higher AMI%s.
https://www.nyc.gov/site/hpd/service...an-income.page

>> At $69,230 a one person household would qualify for both a studio and a one-bedroom, both at 70% and 80% AMI. There is some overlap in this case. In the case of Income Overlap there is no guarantee that a lower rent unit will be available when your log# is called. <<

$96,652 is minimum shown for a Studio at 130% AMI for this lottery. For one person household.

Hang in there. If you are rejected on Income you can appeal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery