Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 02:29 PM

453 posts, read 498,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
The anger that many ppl have when it comes to ami is weird. I just 2 months ago was 60% ami and now I’m 110-130% and I got frustrated at buildings being all 130% as much as anyone else. But I never once sat here and argued or attacked ppl the way some of you guys who are newer to the forum do. And yes ppl who been here using this for years can tell who’s new. It seems like housing isn’t your biggest issue there must be something else and I pray y’all find peace
That is quite the pay rise! Congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2022, 08:02 PM

41 posts, read 39,214 times
Too bad it doesn’t have laundry in building.

(Unless that’s a washer/dryer I see in the floor plan? Hard to tell.)

Old 05-09-2022, 08:13 PM

It must have in-unit W/Ds. It would be highly unusual for one of the luxury building to expect everyone to go out to a coin laundry. I think there are W/Ds in the floorplans, the white box in the cupboard... those floorplans aren't very clear though!

Old 05-12-2022, 09:50 AM

226 posts, read 305,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
Walked by this morning. Looks nice. A bit of construction still happening. Another building is being built next door not sure if it’s also affordable housing. Love the location
I walked by yesterday and the building looks beautiful.
They’re building an affordable building directly across the street from 840 Vanderbilt, where the McDonalds used to be on the corner on Vanderbilt and Atlantic. There will be about 50 units of affordable housing thanks to Eric Adams, who reduced the original number of 94!

Don’t know if these two buildings count as a part if Pacific Park but they feel similar in style and vibe.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:04 AM

726 posts, read 810,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
That is quite the pay rise! Congrats!
Thank you so much

Old 05-12-2022, 10:06 AM

726 posts, read 810,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanta B View Post
I walked by yesterday and the building looks beautiful.
They’re building an affordable building directly across the street from 840 Vanderbilt, where the McDonalds used to be on the corner on Vanderbilt and Atlantic. There will be about 50 units of affordable housing thanks to Eric Adams, who reduced the original number of 94!

Don’t know if these two buildings count as a part if Pacific Park but they feel similar in style and vibe.
There are 2 buildings going up I watch it every day

Old 05-13-2022, 03:12 PM

226 posts, read 305,459 times
Quote:
It must have in-unit W/Ds. It would be highly unusual for one of the luxury building to expect everyone to go out to a coin laundry. I think there are W/Ds in the floorplans, the white box in the cupboard... those floorplans aren't very clear though!
I agree, there are obvious W/D spaces in the floor plans. They would be fools to leave them out of market rate apartments. The question is, will they exclude them from the affordable apartments? A few buildings I toured had a coin laundry for the affordable apartments, while all the market rates had in-unit machines.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:32 AM

412 posts, read 229,218 times
130 AMI for a 1 bed is more than I pay now for the 200 AMI I got four years ago. I guess it's true - at middle income, the rent today may not be such a bargain but in a few years you won't be sorry.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanta B View Post
I agree, there are obvious W/D spaces in the floor plans. They would be fools to leave them out of market rate apartments. The question is, will they exclude them from the affordable apartments? A few buildings I toured had a coin laundry for the affordable apartments, while all the market rates had in-unit machines.
I hope they do. That just seems so unethical. Way to mark out exactly who the lottery tenants are, as the only ones having to lug their laundry up and down in the elevator!

Old 05-17-2022, 10:10 AM

175 posts, read 177,045 times
Quote:
I hope they do. That just seems so unethical. Way to mark out exactly who the lottery tenants are, as the only ones having to lug their laundry up and down in the elevator!
Initially when I signed for my current lottery apartment I didn’t think that lugging my laundry would bother me when everyone else has it in their apartment but after 2 years, I'm over it and it’s one of the main reasons I want to win a lottery apartment with w/d in unit. I’ve been wondering why they would even build certain units with no w/d when all the rest have it - makes no sense to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery