Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 12:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,933 times

Advertisements

Hi all- my lottery number is 5xx and I checked my status today. It changed from in progress to complete with the message “no units remaining” I have no cb preference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2022, 01:29 PM

139 posts, read 142,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisterr View Post
Hi all- my lottery number is 5xx and I checked my status today. It changed from in progress to complete with the message “no units remaining” I have no cb preference.
If you don't mind me asking what ami are in and how many bedrooms were you applying for? I was looking to see if something showed up like that for me, but nothing yet.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:12 PM

7 posts, read 7,062 times
I have log 3## No CB preference 70% AMI. Received message no units remaining.

Old 08-22-2022, 05:45 PM

Yeah, I probably didn't receive anything because my log #8xxx. Maybe they'll add you to the waitlist.

Old 08-22-2022, 07:56 PM

138 posts, read 164,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisterr View Post
Question: is it only people that submit documents that get this message? For any lottery?

Old 09-06-2022, 11:07 AM

5 posts, read 3,734 times
Default 61 Pitt Street Video Studio Tour

Log # 17XX, 130% AMI. Requested documents mid-August. I just got an email informing me that there is a studio left and requesting I fill out R5 form (authorizing credit check or sending in proof or rent payments) along with a link to a video walk-through of the studio. It is tiny. No closet. I have emailed back asking if there are any 1 bedrooms. There is no way I would live in an apartment smaller than what I already have for $900 more monthly- just to have better AC, gym & roof deck. Where do they expect people to keep their clothes? Who designed these?? https://www.dropbox.com/t/hQ3usj2MRKGrKKvm

Old 09-06-2022, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayofthedog View Post
Log # 17XX, 130% AMI. Requested documents mid-August. I just got an email informing me that there is a studio left and requesting I fill out R5 form (authorizing credit check or sending in proof or rent payments) along with a link to a video walk-through of the studio. It is tiny. No closet. I have emailed back asking if there are any 1 bedrooms. There is no way I would live in an apartment smaller than what I already have for $900 more monthly- just to have better AC, gym & roof deck. Where do they expect people to keep their clothes? Who designed these?? https://www.dropbox.com/t/hQ3usj2MRKGrKKvm
The only nice things about that apartment are the w/d and dishwasher

Old 09-08-2022, 02:59 PM

86 posts, read 103,814 times
2 people 130%AMI, log#2xxx, just got email today.
not sure if there is 2 bed left
BTW, looks like there is no gym and doorman in the building

Old 09-08-2022, 03:56 PM

5 posts, read 3,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-james View Post
2 people 130%AMI, log#2xxx, just got email today.
not sure if there is 2 bed left
BTW, looks like there is no gym and doorman in the building
I viewed a one-bedroom today.

There is a gym in the basement (which will have a peloton and some other equipment), but they won't show it because it does not have equipment yet. There is a separate yoga room down there too and will have balls and some yoga mats.

There is no doorman. There is a 'virtual doorman system'. It is glitchy. The property manager could not buzz me in and a construction worker took pity and let me in. Everything is done by phone app- you get into the building's two front doors using your phone. The super will not be living onsite. Maintenance issues are reported via a portal, it's all digital at this place.

Upsides:
The roof area is gorgeous with views of manhattan and you can see a bit of the east river- but one side views the Williamsburg bridge which is a half block away.
There will also be an outdoor area in the back of the building at ground level with some seating.
Every floor has a trash shute / recycle room.
In-unit washer/dryer.
Great water pressure.
Nice finishes in kitchen and bathroom.
Big elevator

Downsides:
The neighborhood is not great and I think it's a dealbreaker for me as I'm nearing 60 and don't have a lot of tolerance for the vibe of people passed out on Delancy at 3pm...what's it going to be like on Friday and Saturday nights? There is big public housing building across the street.
The only closet is a tiny one in the bedroom. They call it a "walk-in" closet -it's not.
There are also commercial-sized washers and dryers, extra storage & a bike area in the basement- but those amenities cost extra. I don't know how much. The other amenities (gym & outdoor areas, locked package room) do not cost extra.
It's new construction and there are things that don't work right yet.
Observed several angry outbursts from a worker who was not happy with whoever is overseeing longing construction issues. Tensions are a bit high.

Anyway, I think it could be good for someone younger than me who wants to be near the LES nightlife scene.

Good luck, ya'll!

Old 09-13-2022, 03:58 PM

1,719 posts, read 1,475,540 times
I have log 35xx, 130%, Studio/1br, and was just contacted to submit docs. I'll be withdrawing. Good luck to all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery