Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 04:03 PM

155 posts, read 169,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpfulguy12 View Post
I was also contracted by this agency. I sent them my social, brith certificate and all my income statements… hopefully nothing bad happens cause they went radio silence after
Same here. But they gave me a time frame. It usually takes them 1-2 weeks to get documentation and then reach out to you for the next step. I know they say 1-2 weeks but I know sometimes that may not be true so I give it 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 11:14 PM

58 posts, read 31,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpfulguy12 View Post
I was also contracted by this agency. I sent them my social, brith certificate and all my income statements… hopefully nothing bad happens cause they went radio silence after
This is interesting, I have not been asked to submit birth certificates or social security cards yet. Just documents to support my income and bank statements etc. I was asked to submit May 4th, which I did on that day and the next time I heard back was May 17th to provide further clarifying documents for my income. The agent told me that next steps (if I’m still deemed eligible) would be to tour the apartment and then have an eligibility appointment.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:04 AM

85 posts, read 80,084 times
During the interview process, they told me they will send my file to hpd if they reach my log number. They made me sign HPD documents as well.

Is your apartment showing up on housing connect?

Old 05-30-2022, 06:15 AM

828 posts, read 769,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azimazi View Post
This is interesting, I have not been asked to submit birth certificates or social security cards yet. Just documents to support my income and bank statements etc. I was asked to submit May 4th, which I did on that day and the next time I heard back was May 17th to provide further clarifying documents for my income. The agent told me that next steps (if I’m still deemed eligible) would be to tour the apartment and then have an eligibility appointment.
Did Settlement Housing Fund contact you through Housing Connect? I was contacted about a mini lottery and on the Housing Connect website was told to submit 'required documents'...

Required documentation
-Applicants have the choice of either providing 12 months of complete rent payments or consenting to a credit review. If found eligible, you will be asked which option you would like to proceed with.
-Copies of birth certificates for all minors in the household
-Copies of last 4-6 most recent consecutive pay stubs, OR Employment Verification Form (Attachment I-3) filled out in its entirety.
-Copies of last year’s W-2 forms (all pages).
-Copies of picture ID for all persons over 18 (examples: driver’s license, passport, Military ID, NYC Municipal ID, non-driver ID)
-Copies of school letters verifying enrollment for all adult (18 years or older) household members attending school (examples: college, university, training programs)
-Copies of signed & completed most recent year’s federal and state tax returns, including all schedules
-Copies of Social Security cards or Tax ID (ITIN) for each person in the household
-If paid in cash, proof of cash payments, provide notarized letters from employers and/or bank statements that support deposits
-Last six most recent Checking account statements
-Marriage or domestic partnership certificate (if applicable)
-Most recent investors’ statement for Stocks and Bonds
-Most recent statements for any other deposit accounts, i.e. savings, money markets, e-banking such as Venmo/Cashapp/Paypal
-Self-affidavit stating last date of employment for any previous jobs listed on application or current tax return.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:37 AM

85 posts, read 80,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPC1999 View Post
Did Settlement Housing Fund contact you through Housing Connect? I was contacted about a mini lottery and on the Housing Connect website was told to submit 'required documents'...

Required documentation
-Applicants have the choice of either providing 12 months of complete rent payments or consenting to a credit review. If found eligible, you will be asked which option you would like to proceed with.
-Copies of last 4-6 most recent consecutive pay stubs, OR Employment Verification Form (Attachment I-3) filled out in its entirety.
-Copies of picture ID for all persons over 18 (examples: driver’s license, passport, Military ID, NYC Municipal ID, non-driver ID)
-Copies of school letters verifying enrollment for all adult (18 years or older) household members attending school (examples: college, university, training programs)
-Copies of signed & completed most recent year’s federal and state tax returns, including all schedules
-Copies of Social Security cards or Tax ID (ITIN) for each person in the household
-If paid in cash, proof of cash payments, provide notarized letters from employers and/or bank statements that support deposits
-Most recent statements for any other deposit accounts, i.e. savings, money markets, e-banking such as Venmo/Cashapp/Paypal
-Self-affidavit stating last date of employment for any previous jobs listed on application or current tax return.

Yes all those required documents stated above, then they asked for birth certificate, latest copies for everything, energy bills and other miscellaneous documents to support some of assets.

Old 05-30-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:

Required documentation
I was not contacted through Housing Connect, I was emailed directly. Well not so directly it went to one of my other folders and thank God I checked it haha!

Old 05-31-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
I was not contacted through Housing Connect, I was emailed directly. Well not so directly it went to one of my other folders and thank God I checked it haha!
Best of luck and keep us posted!

Old 05-31-2022, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Best of luck and keep us posted!
Thank you! I was asked to schedule a tour just now - fingers crossed!

Old 06-01-2022, 08:43 AM

I just completed my tour and wow. I knew that the affordable units had different finishes but this felt like walking into the projects. And I know how nice the other units in the building are so even though I knew it would be different, I didn’t expect it to be the cheapest materials possible. The units were also not cleaned, and had damage and when I asked the agent if things would be fixed up he said he didn’t know… like huh? Isn’t that your job to know? And these units are the only ones without washer/dryer so we have to use a laundry room, which would be fine if everyone else in the building weren’t having the luxury of a washer/dryer. To put it bluntly, it feels like living here means you get to live like a second class citizen and I’m so incredibly disappointed. I’ll have to sit with my disappointment for a beat before I decide if this is worth it. I could really use the decrease in rent but it’s hard to stomach the fact that I’d be living in much crappier housing than the rest of the building.

Old 06-01-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I just completed my tour and wow. I knew that the affordable units had different finishes but this felt like walking into the projects. And I know how nice the other units in the building are so even though I knew it would be different, I didn’t expect it to be the cheapest materials possible. The units were also not cleaned, and had damage and when I asked the agent if things would be fixed up he said he didn’t know… like huh? Isn’t that your job to know? And these units are the only ones without washer/dryer so we have to use a laundry room, which would be fine if everyone else in the building weren’t having the luxury of a washer/dryer. To put it bluntly, it feels like living here means you get to live like a second class citizen and I’m so incredibly disappointed. I’ll have to sit with my disappointment for a beat before I decide if this is worth it. I could really use the decrease in rent but it’s hard to stomach the fact that I’d be living in much crappier housing than the rest of the building.
Wow this is so disappointing! Did you see multiple units? Were they ALL dirty and run down? None of them had a washer/dryer? Is this a 'luxury' building? How do they get away with this? I understand 'affordable' units earn lower income for them, but it's because of the 'affordable' units that they save thousands or even millions in taxes. Terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery