Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 05:08 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
It's on the posting for Ruppert; and it's not on the posting for the other ML properties. That would be a pretty unusual mistake.
It’s on the Tivoli, Bedford Gardens, and Hamilton Hse ML postings, for example “ Or 30% of income, whichever is greater.”, it says on Tivoli. The later two examples are Rental ML. Tivoli and Ruppert are Co-op.

I don’t claim to know what this means. For starters, what is the definition of “income” here, net or gross? Are contributions to 401K and similar retirement accounts exempted? At least one rental mentions gross.

Cross or burn the bridge (or not) when it is reached.

I have seen mistakes in ML listings, such as having the address incorrectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2022, 05:56 PM

87 posts, read 119,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
It’s on the Tivoli, Bedford Gardens, and Hamilton Hse ML postings, for example “ Or 30% of income, whichever is greater.”, it says on Tivoli. The later two examples are Rental ML. Tivoli and Ruppert are Co-op.

I don’t claim to know what this means. For starters, what is the definition of “income” here, net or gross? Are contributions to 401K and similar retirement accounts exempted? At least one rental mentions gross.

For Mitchell Lama coops, you have to submit an income affidavit every year and include you net income. The HPD checks it against your tax return. Mitchell Lamas don't care about retirement accounts, savings accounts or real estate you may own.

Old 07-17-2022, 09:55 PM

347 posts, read 355,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post

It's not a mistake but keep positive and save your money.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheaterFan View Post
It's not a mistake but keep positive and save your money.
Mistakes are very common when it comes to ML management offices.

Old 07-20-2022, 07:27 PM

6 posts, read 5,162 times
Hi everyone, I'm new here, I just send out the application today for two bedrooms, shall i send the letter I received back to them also?I didn't put my log number on the application, is that okay? thanks!

Old 08-05-2022, 12:20 PM

Default 8/4/2022; Studio @ Log# 335 Ruppert

For what it is worth the page below is updated to 8/4/2022 for Ruppert the Studio log# to 335.

I suppose this must not be for the most recent lottery in 2022. I don’t know how large the previous waitlist is. This year’s lottery waitlist for Studio is capped at 300 applications.

I can’t estimate how up to date this information is. Also, I suspect it varies from building to building. The Aardvark Towers might be relatively up to date while Zebra Gardens might be very out of date.

https://a806-housingconnect.nyc.gov/...ml#ml-waitlist

Good luck and good patience.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:54 AM

5 posts, read 4,969 times
Hey! I just called the Ruppert House and they are up to number 39x for studios. Apparently they’ll go up to 500 before they get to the new list which means a couple of years. Bummer but it is what it is. Hopefully the list moves quick. I’m in the 14x and got my application July 11 and sent it the next day, they received it the 13th.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgerlily View Post
Hey! I just called the Ruppert House and they are up to number 39x for studios. Apparently they’ll go up to 500 before they get to the new list which means a couple of years. Bummer but it is what it is. Hopefully the list moves quick. I’m in the 14x and got my application July 11 and sent it the next day, they received it the 13th.
Thanks. How old is the list of 500? An older list can tend to move faster than a more recent one.

Old 08-08-2022, 10:54 AM

5 posts, read 4,969 times
I don’t know how old it is.

Old 08-08-2022, 11:12 AM

I wouldn't put too much faith in anything anyone at the office tells you. A few months ago when I called, I was told that there are only 42 studios in the building. But someone who lives there told me that there are 2 studios per floor with 42-45 floors, which seems accurate if you look at the floor plans for Yorkville Ruppert Towers as they were once all part of the same complex. That would mean that there are 84 to 90 studios in the building.

I was also told by the office that there were 7 studio apartment available at the time. But who knows? Apparently from the messages above, the waitlist was updated on 8/4 to studio log #335 but today someone was told that they're up to log #39x. Go figure....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery