Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 08:17 AM

16 posts, read 19,638 times

Advertisements

Hi all - I got a text and email notification requesting for my documents (log 33**) but I thought it was a little odd because they're asking me to submit my information through the a website called prontohousing.io - has this happened to anyone before? Is this a scam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 08:23 AM

138 posts, read 163,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user808 View Post
Hi all - I got a text and email notification requesting for my documents (log 33**) but I thought it was a little odd because they're asking me to submit my information through the a website called prontohousing.io - has this happened to anyone before? Is this a scam?
Googled pronto housing. Looks legit you can call them and confirm if they are managing for this building.

Old 09-16-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariez4490 View Post
Googled pronto housing. Looks legit you can call them and confirm if they are managing for this building.
I would like to make a call - but do you think it's Pronto I should make the call to, or someone at Housing Connect? I don't even see a Project Manager listed on the Housing Connect site (which I thought was odd too).

Old 09-16-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I would like to make a call - but do you think it's Pronto I should make the call to, or someone at Housing Connect? I don't even see a Project Manager listed on the Housing Connect site (which I thought was odd too).
Call both just to be sure. Hopefully someone else that got contacted will reply and confirm.

Old 09-16-2022, 08:39 AM

4 posts, read 13,103 times
Quote:
I got the same email and I called housing connect. She said everything should be submitted in the NYCHC portal so Im not sure.

Old 09-16-2022, 08:49 AM

24 posts, read 26,962 times
Same thing, happened to me this morning. I don’t have CB so I was shocked to be asked to submit docs so early
(espicially since such a small number of units are available and my log was like 3xxx. So I would of thought all the units would of been taken by now lol)

plus it does feel kind of scammy, since it was called pronto housing lol.

Old 09-16-2022, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshin View Post
I got the same email and I called housing connect. She said everything should be submitted in the NYCHC portal so Im not sure.
Thanks, super helpful! I gave Housing Connect a call too and they confirmed the same for me.

They also confirmed that the true entity responsible for this building is called Housing Partnership - which can be reached at 646-217-3370. I'm giving them a call next too to see if they have any additional info to share or at the very least make them aware a scam is going on for for their building.

Old 09-16-2022, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Thanks, super helpful! I gave Housing Connect a call too and they confirmed the same for me.

They also confirmed that the true entity responsible for this building is called Housing Partnership - which can be reached at 646-217-3370. I'm giving them a call next too to see if they have any additional info to share or at the very least make them aware a scam is going on for for their building.
Does it say action required on the HC portal too or no? If so, that is very concerning.

Old 09-16-2022, 08:58 AM

4 posts, read 13,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cty_lyy View Post
Same thing, happened to me this morning. I don’t have CB so I was shocked to be asked to submit docs so early
(espicially since such a small number of units are available and my log was like 3xxx. So I would of thought all the units would of been taken by now lol)

plus it does feel kind of scammy, since it was called pronto housing lol.
Funny thing is that I think it's a legit site based on what I was able to find online.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariez4490 View Post
Does it say action required on the HC portal too or no? If so, that is very concerning.
It doesn't on Housing Connect which is part of what flagged my concern. Luckily I haven't submitted anything to this pronto site (which I agree does look legit which is weird). It's seems like a pretty sophisticated phishing scam assuming it is one - they even signed the email "Housing Partnership" which Housing Connect confirmed is the true entity. In re-reading the email again it's also odd they didn't include a phone number of contact, just an email.

If helpful, the email address it was sent from was 7-9-east-30th-street@prontohousing.io.

I'll keep you posted on what I learn from Housing Partnership themselves directly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: