Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 09:30 AM

4 posts, read 13,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user808 View Post
It doesn't on Housing Connect which is part of what flagged my concern. Luckily I haven't submitted anything to this pronto site (which I agree does look legit which is weird). It's seems like a pretty sophisticated phishing scam assuming it is one - they even signed the email "Housing Partnership" which Housing Connect confirmed is the true entity. In re-reading the email again it's also odd they didn't include a phone number of contact, just an email.

If helpful, the email address it was sent from was 7-9-east-30th-street@prontohousing.io.

I'll keep you posted on what I learn from Housing Partnership themselves directly!
I called them and I do think its legit but would need to confirm with Housing Connect to make me comfortable. They are working directly with the building for this lottery and they said they would reach out to Housing Connect so they could confirm their relationship to people who ask. I'm not submitted anything until Housing Connect verifies them but I think its a real company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 12:14 PM

24 posts, read 27,068 times
Housing connect portal just requested docs from me, but if I’m being honest I don’t think I will get this apartment there like only 4 or 5 I qualify for and half of that goes to CB preference. So my odds are even worse lol. I guess I’ll submit but I’m def not getting my hopes up

Old 09-19-2022, 10:41 AM

8 posts, read 11,018 times
I’m log # 22xx and I havent been contacted yet. No cb pref. I wonder if I should reach out to housing connect

Old 09-22-2022, 06:48 AM

13 posts, read 14,060 times
I have a pretty low log for this one 6## but haven’t been contacted to submit, it’s hard to make sense of how these things operate

Old 10-08-2022, 06:54 PM

44 posts, read 47,483 times
Log #4xx with no community board. I have not been contacted, any update on where they’re at with this building?

Old 10-28-2022, 02:16 PM

213 posts, read 216,452 times
I am noticing alot of buildings bypassing log numbers , i was told it was cos of AMI's but that means they are picking their own log numbers which goes against it being a random lottery SMH!

Old 10-29-2022, 05:43 AM

24 posts, read 27,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cty_lyy View Post
Housing connect portal just requested docs from me, but if I’m being honest I don’t think I will get this apartment there like only 4 or 5 I qualify for and half of that goes to CB preference. So my odds are even worse lol. I guess I’ll submit but I’m def not getting my hopes up
Hey guys I just wanna update you that I turned down the appt but I had CB preference but moved one avenue and forgot to update my profile, so most likely I would been rejected since I am no longer in this CB. So they were definitely contacting CB pool first before gen pop.

Anyway best of luck to all!

Old 10-29-2022, 12:13 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,453,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
I am noticing alot of buildings bypassing log numbers , i was told it was cos of AMI's but that means they are picking their own log numbers which goes against it being a random lottery SMH!
It absolutely can be because of AMI and that doesn't mean they're picking their own log numbers. Logs are assigned randomly to all applicants regardless of your AMI but they have to fill the units according to the AMI breakdown that is posted. If there are way more applicants at a lower AMI, say 60% than a higher one, say 130% (which is very common), those with higher AMIs and higher logs may be contacted first. It's not unfair at all, they can't just put a 60% AMI applicant into a 130% AMI unit. You've always only been competing for a unit with the other applicants who have the same characteristics as you in terms of AMI and household size because they can't put you in a unit you don't qualify for given your situation.

Old 10-29-2022, 04:32 PM

213 posts, read 216,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
It absolutely can be because of AMI and that doesn't mean they're picking their own log numbers. Logs are assigned randomly to all applicants regardless of your AMI but they have to fill the units according to the AMI breakdown that is posted. If there are way more applicants at a lower AMI, say 60% than a higher one, say 130% (which is very common), those with higher AMIs and higher logs may be contacted first. It's not unfair at all, they can't just put a 60% AMI applicant into a 130% AMI unit. You've always only been competing for a unit with the other applicants who have the same characteristics as you in terms of AMI and household size because they can't put you in a unit you don't qualify for given your situation.

Ok gotcha, so it's possible they might start trying to fill up higher AMIs first or in whatever order then go back to the lower, i just notice certain buildings reach out to high logs way before single / double digits and i found it puzzling.

Old 10-29-2022, 06:17 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,453,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomickitten View Post
Ok gotcha, so it's possible they might start trying to fill up higher AMIs first or in whatever order then go back to the lower, i just notice certain buildings reach out to high logs way before single / double digits and i found it puzzling.
I don't think they necessarily start with higher AMIs but just that once you get your log you are processed in order according to your AMI, household size (unit size), and how many of each AMI and size are available. For example, if logs #s 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9 are 60% ami 1br, and #s 2, 6, and 10 are 130% 1br, and there are 2 1brs at each AMI available, log #6 may get called before log 5 because there is only 1 person (log 2) ahead of log #6 for a 130% 1br vs 3 people (log #s 1, 3, and 4) ahead of log 5 for a 60% 1br. Does that make sense?

Once you get your log, you are basically split in to a separate processing line, in log order, for the particular type of unit you qualify for and however quickly or slowly they process the other types of units has no impact on you, for better or worse. You also have to remember the preference groups, those people will be processed first, still in log order but again, in a separate line of only other preference people so a high number preference person would be called before a low number non-perf person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: