Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2023, 06:23 PM

3 posts, read 2,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0using_g0rl View Post
in case anyone is still interested in this lottery, I am log number 6xx and am viewing the apartment this week. Was asked to submit documents at the same time as scheduling a viewing.
Did you like the place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2023, 06:41 PM

45 posts, read 41,406 times
I never got a log number wtf

Old 03-31-2023, 07:17 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderickgrv View Post
I never got a log number wtf
This is an answer in the FAQs.

“Within a few weeks after the lottery application deadline, Housing Connect randomly assigns log numbers to all applicants whose applicant profiles (Household Info) are complete.

If your Household Info becomes incomplete after you apply but before log numbers are assigned, you will not receive a log number for that lottery. This could happen if you are in the process of making updates to your profile and have not completed them. It could also happen if someone in the household turns 18 but does not have any income or assets.

Please make sure your Household Info is complete and up to date at all times. ”

Have you gotten other log#s?

Old 04-05-2023, 04:11 PM

44 posts, read 47,098 times
Log number #49x single person 70% AMI. My income on my application and profile definitely falls within the income bracket. I was never contacted and they never reached out for paperwork to determine my eligibility. I just noticed that my application was deemed INELIGIBLE. Could this be because they ran out of unit that I qualify for? Does anyone have the contact information for the management company handling this building? Thanks.

Old 04-05-2023, 04:48 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachshots View Post
Log number #49x single person 70% AMI. My income on my application and profile definitely falls within the income bracket. I was never contacted and they never reached out for paperwork to determine my eligibility. I just noticed that my application was deemed INELIGIBLE. Could this be because they ran out of unit that I qualify for? Does anyone have the contact information for the management company handling this building? Thanks.
Yes, I think it’s likely they ran out of units that you qualify for. I m not guessing the company feels any obligation to notify log# unless there is likely possibility that a log# might take a unit.

For this desirably located Manhattan building, the total lottery was 15 units. All units use the single set of log#s. You qualify for only 5 units (1 person at 70%). Do you have CB preference, or any other preference? CB gets half the units. The other preferences take 3 units. So, 10 or 11 units go to the preference categories. It might have been all the 70% AMI Studio and 1 bed unit went to log#s with preferences. Based on all the fore mentioned, unless you had a preference qualification, there is room to believe they never reached your log# 49x.

For contact info, if you go to the listing:
https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2750
And scroll down where the request a paper application info is located you will see the name and office address for the developer. From there you can search the web further.

Old 04-08-2023, 12:45 AM

3 posts, read 2,730 times
What’s cb

Old 04-08-2023, 10:45 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,437,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 504713718 View Post
What’s cb
CB is community board. Those that already live within the CB that this building is in (Manhattan CB 5) have a preference for 50% of the lotto units. Not every building has CB preference but is a very helpful preference if you have it.

Old 05-21-2023, 08:17 AM

135 posts, read 198,060 times
Got contacted to submit documents and schedule viewing at open house. Will be withdrawing as it seem only studios are available. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

Old 05-21-2023, 09:10 AM

180 posts, read 121,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VesperLynd View Post
Got contacted to submit documents and schedule viewing at open house. Will be withdrawing as it seem only studios are available. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

what was your log? i got a request to submit docs last week... my log is 3xxx and i was looking for a 2bd why didn't they tell me only studios avail SMH!!! I went out my way to send my docs and extra one's they requested SMH!

Old 05-21-2023, 09:19 AM

135 posts, read 198,060 times
My log is 15xx, and I qualify for only a studio or 1bed. The email to book viewing specified only studios. I can't speak for 2 bedroom and above though- they may have in that category. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: