Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 02:48 PM

453 posts, read 499,391 times

Advertisements

Just what it says in the title, really!

Does anyone have any insights about upcoming lotteries and when they are likely to appear on HC? Whether it is insider info, something you heard on the grapevine or via official channels / news articles, etc.

I am personally impatient for 9 Dekalb Ave aka the Brooklyn Tower, since apparently 30% of their rentals will be affordable, and it'll be ready for occupancy later this year (though building seems finished already).

Hoping that one pops up in the next couple of months, since it could get me over my crummy-log-number at Brooklyn Crossing woes.

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 03:18 PM

644 posts, read 736,293 times
https://www.amny.com/news/15-nyc-con...to-the-market/

A few of the buildings listed here are expected to have affordable housing. Including Brooklyn tower
Also 30 Kent Street, Eagle & West. And assuming Gotham point North is another one.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:34 PM

30 posts, read 30,266 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...lotteries.html

Don't know the eta for any. Passed both buildings today and are still under construction.

Old 06-22-2022, 03:51 PM

Thanks - 30 Kent Street is a weird one b/c the log #s have been out for ages already but seems it isn't finished yet.

Hope they upload some of these lotteries sooner rather than later!

Old 06-22-2022, 03:54 PM

149 posts, read 193,636 times
You realize that while all of theses are good catches, it is not really reflected on anyone's move-in timewise. Some of those could be posted tomorrow with 90 days window to apply and won't start reviewing applications until they receive CO some time mid-next year, while others could go up a few months from now and will be handled by Reside so everyone up to log #s in 40Ks will be called to submit docs and never go forward anyway LOL

Old 06-22-2022, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by showbiz2002 View Post
You realize that while all of theses are good catches, it is not really reflected on anyone's move-in timewise. Some of those could be posted tomorrow with 90 days window to apply and won't start reviewing applications until they receive CO some time mid-next year, while others could go up a few months from now and will be handled by Reside so everyone up to log #s in 40Ks will be called to submit docs and never go forward anyway LOL
Oh, I know that, and it is maddening. But I can only imagine that anyone business-minded at each development would be pushing to get rent coming in sooner rather than later, so there is also the chance that they could move quickly.

It is just fun to speculate about, and, much like the real lottery, figure out what is coming up so I can dream about my fabulous new life when I win! (Which is definitely going to happen. lol)

Old 06-22-2022, 04:41 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,842,055 times
9 Dekalb has just started to market & sell their condos now so it may take a while for them to rent out their units below 53rd floor I guess.

https://streeteasy.com/building/the-...lding_detail=1

Also, I noticed their amenities will be managed by LifeTime like Sky Midtown, so I bet their amenities fee will be skyrocketing!!!

https://thebrooklyntower.com/amenities

Old 06-22-2022, 04:43 PM

1,409 posts, read 2,036,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Just what it says in the title, really!

Does anyone have any insights about upcoming lotteries and when they are likely to appear on HC? Whether it is insider info, something you heard on the grapevine or via official channels / news articles, etc.

I am personally impatient for 9 Dekalb Ave aka the Brooklyn Tower, since apparently 30% of their rentals will be affordable, and it'll be ready for occupancy later this year (though building seems finished already).

Hoping that one pops up in the next couple of months, since it could get me over my crummy-log-number at Brooklyn Crossing woes.

Anyone else?
FYI - 9 Dekalb is far from finished, they might have started selling, and might start leasing late summer, but nobody's moving in until the new year.

Old 06-22-2022, 05:12 PM

644 posts, read 736,293 times
Also have to take into account that just because it looks finished on the outside, the inside will be too

Old 06-22-2022, 07:16 PM

136 posts, read 116,596 times
https://www.6sqft.com/tag/henry-phipps-plaza-south/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery