Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2022, 08:09 PM

958 posts, read 935,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnxietyBiscuits View Post
Cite one source to back up your claim. The official HC website says otherwise so I'll be waiting for you to disprove Housing Connect.
If you can’t read, that’s not my problem. I already answered your question. Stop quoting me. They are not putting non NYC to the end of any line. It’s a lottery, they’re not waiting on them or going to go back to them via some arbitrary wait list you think they are going to be placed on. They are straight up disqualified.

You also need to be a resident living in NYC for at least one year. They do ask for tax returns and can tell that you either lived and/or work in another state aside from NYC.

It’s really common sense but I see I’m wasting my time even typing this stuff up.

I’m out, won’t waste my breath quoting you anymore. Peace out this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 08:42 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,839,601 times
Well, you kept saying they are ‘disqualified automatically’, now my question is…

If they were disqualified during the old Housing Connect website: Did they receive an official rejection notification email from the marketing agency with the reason in writing clearly mentioned they are rejected because they are not NYC resident?

If they were disqualified during the Housing Connect 2.0 website: Was their status in that specific lottery changed into ‘Rejected’ & stated the reason is because they are not NYC resident?

I’ve been disqualified/rejected many times in both old & new HC websites for various reasons so I knew how disqualification looked like.

If yes, then you can back your argument that they were indeed being disqualified because they are not NYC resident. If they never received that rejection notification email/their status on their HC portal never changed into ‘rejection’, you can’t claim & assume that the marketing agent won’t deal with them is because they are automatically disqualified. The marketing agent may put them back in the pool & never picked them again because they are the very least priority but you can’t say they’re automatically disqualified.

As I mentioned earlier, unless you see the disqualification/rejection in writing you can’t make any assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
They are not putting them in line, they disqualify them by saying they are not moving to the next step. I know people who have moved out of NYC and others who were never residents who this has happened to. So what are you talking about?

The end of the line would means they’re basically going to select them again and they do not. They tell them why they aren’t selecting them and then they no longer deal with that applicant.

So I’m not sure what you’re saying, cause I know several people this has happened to.

Old 07-20-2022, 09:26 PM

153 posts, read 180,528 times
Quote:
As long as you can prove that you live in NYC now, it shouldn't be a problem. Just be prepared to show recent utility bills, DL or other ID, lease, bank statements with your current address.
Thank YOU!!

What is DL...?? I have everything else except for NYC ID.. SMH

Old 07-20-2022, 09:30 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,451,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah29_ View Post
Thank YOU!!

Drivers license, you'll be good

Old 07-20-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linamonroll View Post
Drivers license, you'll be good
Oh Dugh lol

Thank YOU!!

Old 07-21-2022, 07:37 AM

6,688 posts, read 6,033,238 times
It would be nice to move to Jersey, though. Jersey city has many beautiful apartments overlooking Manhattan - similar to Hunters Point.

Old 07-21-2022, 04:20 PM

248 posts, read 402,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah29_ View Post
Thank YOU!!

I would go and get your ID NYC asap. It's very useful and they're usually fast to process them. https://www1.nyc.gov/site/idnyc/card/how-to-apply.page

Old 07-21-2022, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I would go and get your ID NYC asap. It's very useful and they're usually fast to process them. https://www1.nyc.gov/site/idnyc/card/how-to-apply.page
Thank you, yes i have an appointment in sept.. ugh>. Not sure why its going to take that long.. I thought i could go in and get an appointemnt next week!

Old 07-22-2022, 11:51 AM

51 posts, read 38,565 times
https://imgur.com/a/diA1mV7

The answer from HPD if anyone is interested.

Old 07-22-2022, 12:04 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,839,601 times
Thank you for sharing this clarification from HPD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summonito View Post
https://imgur.com/a/diA1mV7

The answer from HPD if anyone is interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: