Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2023, 09:55 PM

7 posts, read 8,862 times

Advertisements

Hey all, how long is the approval process taking for this one? I got selected and submitted my docs on Monday so figure it's too soon for things to be moving yet, but wasn't sure if anyone else has had experience yet. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2023, 12:03 PM

27 posts, read 25,277 times
As I already mentioned few posts ago, I submitted my docs a month ago. I even contacted the listing agent. Didn't hear back from anybody yet.

I've got a high log and no CB, so I'm afraid it's gonna be a long and painful wait, if any units are even left by then..

Old 10-26-2023, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppe_Mase View Post
As I already mentioned few posts ago, I submitted my docs a month ago. I even contacted the listing agent. Didn't hear back from anybody yet.

I've got a high log and no CB, so I'm afraid it's gonna be a long and painful wait, if any units are even left by then..

Ah, I missed you point. Well, I guess we'll just have to be patient. I know when I got contacted about the South Tower, I submitted my docs and things progressed rather quickly. (Obviously I didn't wind up getting the apartment with hopes that I would get selected for the north tower)

Old 10-26-2023, 07:15 PM

Maybe this time things will go better for you.finger crossed for everyone !

I’ve heard about other ppl that submitted their docs too, so apparently they’re asking for docs in bulk. Little they know they’re also fueling hope..

Old 11-09-2023, 08:48 AM

Been a couple weeks for me and still no word. Things seem to be moving much slower here than when I went through the process for the South tower application. Anyone hear anything at all?

Old 11-09-2023, 09:16 AM

I toured the building few days ago. There were only 2 studios left, 165% AMI. Both very small, under 400 sqf.
They told me all other units have been assigned.

That day somebody else was there too to check units out, so hopes are very slim at this point.

To whoever signed the lease: is the rent stabilized? I read somewhere ppl got huge increases upon renewal in other buildings..

Old 11-09-2023, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppe_Mase View Post
I toured the building few days ago. There were only 2 studios left, 165% AMI. Both very small, under 400 sqf.
They told me all other units have been assigned.

That day somebody else was there too to check units out, so hopes are very slim at this point.

To whoever signed the lease: is the rent stabilized? I read somewhere ppl got huge increases upon renewal in other buildings..

Damn, that's kind of a disappointment to hear. Thanks for the update

Old 12-13-2023, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 454 times
Hi all,

Figured I would provide an update: Log #7xxx, 165% AMI, no preference (other than NYC resident)

Was told studio apartments were all that's left for 165% individuals. Two floor plans -- one feels significantly smaller than the other (its about ~120sqft smaller, definitely makes a difference). I moved forward with the larger unit available.

Initial Document Request: 11/9/23
Tour: 11/27/23
Approval: 12/6/23
Lease Signed: 12/8/23

In response to an earlier question -- yes, these are rent stabilized

Best of luck to everyone else!

Old 12-18-2023, 08:54 AM

19 posts, read 7,878 times
Does anyone have an update on these apartments? Someone in another thread about this building said 5 floors are currently vacant? Is that true? I have no preferences but am log #6xx and would be for 80% AMI. Do I have a chance? Application has been pending since 08/24/23...

Old 12-18-2023, 09:33 AM

521 posts, read 505,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elldee View Post
Does anyone have an update on these apartments? Someone in another thread about this building said 5 floors are currently vacant? Is that true? I have no preferences but am log #6xx and would be for 80% AMI. Do I have a chance? Application has been pending since 08/24/23...
They filled 80 AMI a while ago so you might be on a waiting list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery