Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 09:03 PM

29 posts, read 24,854 times

Advertisements

I was contacted at log number #4**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 11:31 PM

964 posts, read 949,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponym View Post
I was contacted at log number #4**
For documents? Does this one have preferences?

Old 09-16-2022, 11:33 PM

964 posts, read 949,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namebyuser View Post
Reside is running this lottery, they are known to ask for documents from everyone and not in batches according to log numbers.

I would say if you have a high log number but still interested, submit only a few docs, like paystubs, just to stay in the running. By the time they actually get to you log # you will need to submit all new docs anyways. And least this way your not submitting personal docs like your social security card when those docs won’t even be processed at that time anyways.

Best of luck to all!
I think people should ignore this post and just listen to the marketing agent that contacts them.

Old 09-17-2022, 08:27 AM

29 posts, read 19,957 times
I was contacted yesterday to submit documents, log 91X w/ no preferences of any kind

Old 09-17-2022, 08:44 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,427,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
I think people should ignore this post and just listen to the marketing agent that contacts them.
I think people are saying that to help them not be disappointed if they submit docs and never hear back. I have read in so many threads how people with high log numbers have been asked for docs which obviously gives them hope then they never hear from reside again. If the building only has 10 units and is giving half to preferences…you really have to have a log number under 500 to have a chance…realistically…

Old 09-17-2022, 08:49 AM

644 posts, read 742,672 times
I had a log in the early 600s for a building with 14 units 130% AMI. I’ve been under review for About 5 months. Last week I emailed them and they said only 1 studio available and someone is already being considered for it. So yeah, a documents request with reside pretty much means nothing or at least nothing in the near future if your log is somewhat high.

Old 09-17-2022, 09:13 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,427,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayCat1995 View Post
I had a log in the early 600s for a building with 14 units 130% AMI. I’ve been under review for About 5 months. Last week I emailed them and they said only 1 studio available and someone is already being considered for it. So yeah, a documents request with reside pretty much means nothing or at least nothing in the near future if your log is somewhat high.
Yup sounds like the stories I’ve heard. It’s not right and it’s not right for them to add in preferences after the fact.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:16 PM

233 posts, read 312,059 times
Swung by the other day and there are two bars on the block right beside the building and one rental party place across the street blaring music. Just something to be aware of if you’re considering it. It might not be an issue if you get an apartment facing the back. Has anyone been over there on a Friday or Saturday night to see how rowdy it gets?

Here is a tour of a market rate studio. One has a front view and one has a back view.
https://youtu.be/XKYEZSzgOxg
https://youtu.be/s3lIH5yJ3KY

The first floor commercial space is still under construction. I can’t tell if it will end up as store, office space or restaurant.
https://youtu.be/Nz0QplEH8Bc

Last edited by Vanta B; 09-25-2022 at 01:26 PM..

Old 09-25-2022, 01:29 PM

233 posts, read 312,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lani15 View Post
Exactly, it sounds like a good way to get disqualified for not submitting documents.

Old 09-27-2022, 01:11 PM

13 posts, read 8,148 times
I’m very new to housing connect, so I’m not 100% sure how the process works. I got a log number of 89xx for this lottery with cb preference. I was also contacted for submission of documents like a few people here so I’m a little scared and skeptical. Especially with the way that many other people are doubtful. Are my chances for this lottery good or should I lose faith? Thank you !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery