Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 07:18 AM

2,862 posts, read 2,394,102 times

Advertisements

I didnt realize this was a thing. There are a few new buildings on the site where the building is 100% affordable housing units. Has anyone lived in one before? How was the experience with maintenance and everything in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 07:54 AM

125 posts, read 135,493 times
Nope but hopefully I’m about to, I’m currently going through the process to get into one now

Old 08-05-2022, 08:07 AM

Best of luck!!

Old 08-05-2022, 09:02 AM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
People have reported problems when a building has supportive housing units, so you may want to check that out.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:16 AM

170 posts, read 168,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycgirl91 View Post
Nope but hopefully I’m about to, I’m currently going through the process to get into one now
Ooh is it Sendero?

Old 08-05-2022, 09:19 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times
I've never heard (yet) anyone shared their experience living in a 100% affordable SMALLER building i.e. only 10 units available &/or less than 10-story building, etc.

But...

I read several times some people shared their experience living in a LARGER building where all units are affordable & most are not pleasant. However, no judgment in here, I wrote this based on what I read, no personal experience whatsoever.

Here are some threads where a building dedicated for 100% affordable apartments:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...st-avenue.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...lding-1-a.html

Old 08-05-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I've never heard (yet) anyone shared their experience living in a 100% affordable SMALLER building i.e. only 10 units available &/or less than 10-story building, etc.

But...

I read several times some people shared their experience living in a LARGER building where all units are affordable & most are not pleasant. However, no judgment in here, I wrote this based on what I read, no personal experience whatsoever.

Here are some threads where a building dedicated for 100% affordable apartments:

Thank you!

Yeah the recent one is 100% and I think someone mentioned that 27 Eagle was also 100% affordable housing. I didnt know they did that.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
People have reported problems when a building has supportive housing units, so you may want to check that out.
Is supportive housing the same as 100% lottery?

Old 08-05-2022, 10:01 AM

125 posts, read 135,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post

But...

Well it can’t be worse than where I currently live now, i have roommates, they’re noisy and have no respect or consideration. Every night when I come home i can’t even sleep, they have parties all the time and visitors there all hours of the night almost every night and my room is small and right next to the kitchen so I hear it all. I’ll take a 100% affordable studio or 1br apt over living with roommates any day!

Old 08-05-2022, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycgirl91 View Post
Well it can’t be worse than where I currently live now, i have roommates, they’re noisy and have no respect or consideration. Every night when I come home i can’t even sleep, they have parties all the time and visitors there all hours of the night almost every night and my room is small and right next to the kitchen so I hear it all. I’ll take a 100% affordable studio or 1br apt over living with roommates any day!
I have a similar issue with neighbors in my building. A guy on my floor blasts music 24/7. Since I'm in an older building I hear everything. I hope the new ones have better sound proofing. Also for street noise as well

I read the first thread and there are a lot of complaints with management/maintenance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: