Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 11:59 AM

3 posts, read 1,738 times

Advertisements

12,xxx one archer i hope i possibly get into this one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 12:07 PM

89 posts, read 49,865 times
55xxx 90 sands

Old 10-06-2022, 12:16 PM

403 posts, read 382,176 times
72xxx :’(

Old 10-06-2022, 06:47 PM

191 posts, read 200,851 times
Ok I have a new high log for ya 71xxx 601 w 29th
All of the really luxury buildings I get crazy logs

Old 10-07-2022, 10:26 AM

453 posts, read 501,183 times
I keep seeing all these comments saying "I can't believe I got this high number even though I am in the CB".

Can anyone explain if that is a misunderstanding of how the lottery works, or whether they are on to something?

My understanding was that log numbers are created entirely at random, and unrelated to any other factors, whether CB or not. However, obviously if you have CB you might be more likely to get through on a high log number. Is that correct?

Old 10-07-2022, 10:37 AM

800 posts, read 734,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
I keep seeing all these comments saying "I can't believe I got this high number even though I am in the CB".

Can anyone explain if that is a misunderstanding of how the lottery works, or whether they are on to something?

My understanding was that log numbers are created entirely at random, and unrelated to any other factors, whether CB or not. However, obviously if you have CB you might be more likely to get through on a high log number. Is that correct?
Yup, you’re correct Brit!

Old 10-07-2022, 10:49 AM

403 posts, read 382,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post

I thought with my CBP I’d get the dream apartment I was hoping to get but turns out I got the highest log ever. 72k thought I’d get a lower log with CB but seems like many of us have CB but still get super high log number. It’s just heartbreaking cause Ny the time they reach us there will be no units left even we have CB

Old 10-07-2022, 11:54 AM

453 posts, read 501,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCH View Post
I thought with my CBP I’d get the dream apartment I was hoping to get but turns out I got the highest log ever. 72k thought I’d get a lower log with CB but seems like many of us have CB but still get super high log number. It’s just heartbreaking cause Ny the time they reach us there will be no units left even we have CB
Yep, I understand the heartbreak - with CB you might be lucky with what would normally be considered a high log - like 17k or something. But 72k on a CB one, is likely as meaningless as without CB.

Sorry to hear about that, Hope a good one comes up for you soon!

Old 10-07-2022, 07:57 PM

13 posts, read 13,200 times
55xxx but it's in a different boro and I doubt I get called any way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery